1) Meet friend of a friend, instant chemistry, done
2) Slow burning awkwardness with someone you see on the regular, eventual reciprocation
Remember college? The days when you could meet someone in a bar or a house or a lawn or whatever and think, "Hot damn, isn't this a fine physical specimen? Onward."
This site introduces the complexity of finding out that 90% of the population, if asked, describes themselves using what appears to be boilerplate madlib material which is completed solely using earnestness and cliche. You stick around long enough and you realize that of the remaining 10%, there is a terrifying number who do things like admit to only wanting to date other white people or they agree with describing women as being OBLIGATED to shave their legs.
So, now, your new scenarios:
1) Ignore terrifyingly low odds of compatibility with instant chemistry specimens, proceed to banging anyway
2) Slow burn awkwardness, hope for luck
3) exhausting, continued trudge through the halls of this site
You are either a well adjusted human and this discovery is neutral to good in terms of your romantic prospects, or you are a hopeless case like me.