- at this point, i've been divorced longer than I was married... but my divorce is going better than my marriage did, anyway, so i suppose that's a decent thing
- i'm still mystified that my daughter is a teenager, but again, i suppose that's what happens when that amount of time passes... thank goodness she's a good kid with minimal drama...
- i love living in california. every highway is a track meet, the weather is gorgeous, and people are more laid back. how did i not figure this out years ago?
- i don't feel my age. at all. what is 41 supposed to feel like, anyway? it does crack me up to talk to friends from college who are just having their kids NOW, though. i'm done with having children, and some of them are just starting the process... better them than me.
i am dichotomous, random, and loyal
I try to enjoy the little things, like breezes and coffee on a sunny morning, or the stroll around the neighborhood with my pup. A great song on the radio with a (largely) empty lane in front of me on the highway. Laughing at reports of heat and humidity being endured back east, where I left. ;)
homemade pizza and chili
remembering random song lyrics
rambling conversations over a few drinks that consume hours and make it feel like minutes
movies: the princess bride, mirrormask, grosse pointe blank (LOVE john cusack, and most movies involving his sister, joan)... oh, and i think i'm one of 12 people around who absolutely *LOVED* the Wachowskis' take on Speed Racer
music: whatever happens to be on my ipod at any given time, coupled with whatever has come on my latest mix to be delivered... includes: lamb, ugly duckling, jump little children, roger clyne and the peacemakers, mighty mighty bosstones, they might be giants, r.e.m., eagles, jonathan coulton, tori amos... lately, spotify has been feeding my habits, and pandora still makes better playlists than I give it credit for...
food: it's all over the map, really... i've come to believe that most people i really dig love sushi, i could eat (good) mexican most every day, indian (what i know of it) is wonderful, thai is great and the spice makes me happy, italian is hard to go wrong... really, i like to eat... i'm trying to be more active, though, so the evidence of that like is less, well, evident... heh.
* my ever-changing definition of family, which includes some blood relations, but not all... and the animals i love.
* music (singing, karaoke, soundtrack to speeding down the highway)
* sarcasm (mine and others')
i also sometimes think about:
-- specifics for the design of the tattoo i'll be getting soon... now i need to find the artist and save the $$$
-- what's for dinner
-- what is something i haven't done before that i can do this weekend
i also talk for my dog... we have conversations, and i do all of the actual verbalizing. it scares me sometimes how much english she actually seems to understand.
and it's not really "private", but it is insight for you to have, so i suppose it fits here: if your profile says "wants kids" or "might want kids", i'm closing it. good luck to you, but it won't happen with me.
sometimes i can be a very private person. except when i'm not, and i over-share
heck... just say hi. what does either of us have to lose?