I am good at helping to see see the bright side of a seemingly dark situation.
I can also help someone work through a truly dark situation; I am very loyal to friends, family, and, of course, to you. I will support you when you need it and simply enjoy being with you when you don't.
Interests of mine include the PNW standards of bicycling, hiking, camping, and general outdoorsiness as well as some not-so-standards such as playing hockey or volleyball. I would like to go kayaking sometime and also learn to go cross-country skiing. How does snowshoeing in the mountains together while the snow falls around us sound to you?
When we're feeling a bit less adventurous, I would love to go out on the town or spend an evening cuddling on the couch with you while we watch a movie or read. A perfect night would include a romantic meal, a walk in the moonlight, and a movie while snuggled up on the couch.
My sense of humor runs the gamut from dark humor to total irreverence and word play. I tend to take things literally if I think it's funny to do so.
A lot of this may sound typical to you. The fact is that I'm different from a typical man in a lot of ways, so here are a few ways in which I'm different from most of the guys you meet.
* I really listen when you talk to me. When you are talking, I am listening, not thinking of the next thing I want to say. I want to know exactly what you have to say, not just get the gist of it by listening to every third or fourth word.
* I am empathetic. I can easily see both sides of a disagreement and work towards a mutually satisfactory solution to the problem.
* I am not afraid to talk about my emotions. In fact, I encourage talk about how you and I are feeling. I truly want to know how you feel and want you to know how I feel.
* I'm very open about everything. I have no secrets. Ask me anything and I will answer honestly. A lot of people say "I'm an open book" but then won't answer or are offended by very personal questions. That's not me; ask away and you may be surprised what you learn about me.
* I really am 6'2", just like it says on my profile. I really don't understand people who lie about their height. It seems like it would be pretty obvious upon meeting someone if they are several inches shorter than they claimed on their profile.
* I am not interested in a hookup. Not even a little bit.
* I am not intimidated by intelligent or strong women. In fact, I am looking for a strong, smart, honest, and independent woman who appreciates a strong, smart, honest, independent man who treats her well. Ideally, we'll be able to share daily laughter and adventure together.