New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
46 • Kent, WA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 35–50
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Online now!
- 6′ 2″ (1.88m)
- Body type
- Strictly anything
- Atheism, but not too serious about it
- Aries, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently)
I am good at helping to see see the bright side of a seemingly dark situation.
I can also help someone work through a truly dark situation; I am very loyal to friends, family, and, of course, to you. I will support you when you need it and simply enjoy being with you when you don't.
Interests of mine include the PNW standards of bicycling, hiking, camping, and general outdoorsiness as well as some not-so-standards such as playing hockey or volleyball. I would like to go kayaking sometime and also learn to go cross-country skiing. How does snowshoeing in the mountains together while the snow falls around us sound to you?
When we're feeling a bit less adventurous, I would love to go out on the town or spend an evening cuddling on the couch with you while we watch a movie or read. A perfect night would include a romantic meal, a walk in the moonlight, and a movie while snuggled up on the couch.
My sense of humor runs the gamut from dark humor to total irreverence and word play. I tend to take things literally if I think it's funny to do so.
A lot of this may sound typical to you. The fact is that I'm different from a typical man in a lot of ways, so here are a few ways in which I'm different from most of the guys you meet.
* I really listen when you talk to me. When you are talking, I am listening, not thinking of the next thing I want to say. I want to know exactly what you have to say, not just get the gist of it by listening to every third or fourth word.
* I am empathetic. I can easily see both sides of a disagreement and work towards a mutually satisfactory solution to the problem.
* I am not afraid to talk about my emotions. In fact, I encourage talk about how you and I are feeling. I truly want to know how you feel and want you to know how I feel.
* I'm very open about everything. I have no secrets. Ask me anything and I will answer honestly. A lot of people say "I'm an open book" but then won't answer or are offended by very personal questions. That's not me; ask away and you may be surprised what you learn about me.
* I really am 6'2", just like it says on my profile. I really don't understand people who lie about their height. It seems like it would be pretty obvious upon meeting someone if they are several inches shorter than they claimed on their profile.
* I am not interested in a hookup. Not even a little bit.
* I am not intimidated by intelligent or strong women. In fact, I am looking for a strong, smart, honest, and independent woman who appreciates a strong, smart, honest, independent man who treats her well. Ideally, we'll be able to share daily laughter and adventure together.
I try to do what I believe is right and make the world around me a slightly better place for everyone I come in contact with. I recently volunteered for the Sierra Club and Habitat for Humanity and intend to continue volunteering for both of them when I can. (How would you like to help build a house together?)
I believe everyone has a right to as pleasant a life as possible, regardless of income, sex, race, color, creed, sexual preference, gender identity, hair color, shoe size, elbow room, tooth count, hairy moles (or bald ones), resemblance to a prehistoric fish, etc.
Music: just about anything, really; the music on my phone runs from classical through folk music and jazz and on to rock, pop, and even a little rap and metal.
Food: I'll eat almost anything, but Indian and Mexican are my favorites. I don't like peanuts.
Movies: Blazing Saddles, This is Spinal Tap, Ghostbusters, Young Frankenstein, Galaxy Quest, The Blues Brothers, A Beautiful Mind, The King's Speech, The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally (most romantic comedies, as a matter of fact), most any Star Trek movie (yes, I'm a Trekkie, but not hardcore), the original Planet of the Apes series. I also love really bad "B" movies. Plan 9 From Outer Space is a classic.
TV: I don't actually watch a lot of TV; weeks will go by when I don't turn it on. My favorite shows for when I do watch TV include Red Dwarf, The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Leverage, Futurama, Orange is the New Black, and Hockey Night in Canada.
Shows: Spamalot, Stomp, Phantom of the Opera, Xanadu
a cool night breeze in the bedroom
family (including my cat Phoenix)
You're very open and willing to talk about yourself. I find openness and honesty refreshing and sexy.
You want to play some cribbage or Scrabble on a cold winter's night.
If I sent you a message and you've gotten this far on my profile, write me back. You might be pleasantly surprised.
If you're bored with the usual, hit me up. I am the unexpected.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.