1. I am a connoisseur of life in the big city: Wherever I am, you can count on me reading through the current issue of the local alternative weekly to find out about the best concerts, festivals, Happy Hours, and other things to see and do.
2. I am a pragmatic environmentalist: In college, I led a project to get my school to start using some renewable energy. I am excited to now be working in environmental policy.
3. I am a caring friend: I am fortunate to not only have a good group of friends in DC but also have good ones throughout the country, particularly my stereotype-defying fraternity brothers. I frequently have the chance to hang out with many of them when our lives and travels intersect, whether we're having reunion in St. Louis or I'm traveling in their cities, throughout the midwest and both coasts.
4. I am connected to my far-flung family: Thanksgiving usually means Florida with my grandmother, every summer I visit my cousins (and now my sister) in Chicago, and around the end of the year I’m in Tucson with my parents.
5. I am a world traveler who also knows that while the perspectives gained from international travel are invaluable, there are also countless cities, museums, restaurants, national parks and so on worth experiencing domestically. At the same time, as an 11-year-old living in London, I spent a whole lot of time in my living room watching Nickelodeon, and getting Domino's Pizza delivered.
6. I am an art lover: My own skills are limited to photography, but I have many diverse pieces on my bedroom walls. Favorites include Kandinsky, Picasso and Dali.
7. I am serious about good food. Whether I'm cooking or eating out, I try to make the most of every meal. I particularly appreciate contrasts of textures and flavors.
8. I am an NPR junkie, and have been since high school. This American Life and Planet Money are among my favorites. I have been to a taping of Fresh Air and met Terry Gross. Someone I met on Terry's staff used to have lunch every Thursday with Carl Kasell; that made me pretty jealous.