I also like to share with people the culture I enjoy--most of the time, it's music, TV, and movies (as well as comedy of all varieties). Like, do you watch "Adventure Time"? Because every new episode of that show is consistently mind-blowing.
Really, I just like connecting with people, and these are the ways I do that.
I like to make witty jokes in conversation, and sometimes I don't even know I'm doing it. My favorite one-liner I wrote: "But does the iron carpet match the iron curtain?"
Some things you should know about me, just so that we're not wasting anyone's time:
- I am polyamorous, and share an apartment with my girlfriend. I hope the two of you can be friends if/when you meet. Don't worry, she is genuinely interested in me exploring as many relationships as I can fit into my life.
- I think that I count as being "genderqueer." I don't really care for male gender roles, and bristle at the idea of masculinity. I tend to be attracted to tomboyish women, and then it sometimes turns out they're lesbians and I get sad.
- Bottom line: I am a weird dude. If you want to ride on the weirdo train, then hop on board.
I've also been trying to read more about Buddhism, Hinduism, and Rastafari. I draw my ideas from all kinds of religions, and those happen to be the ones I'm into right now.
Also, I am trying to make a Darth Vader Carmen Miranda costume for an event in May.
I recently finished "Ghostman" by Roger Hobbs, and "That Is All" by John Hodgman. I am now re-reading the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, for the first time since high school. Books and authors I have enjoyed: Albert Camus, Sex at Dawn, Neil Gaiman, Tim Powers, Tom Robbins, Khalil Gibran, Jorge Luis Borges, Alice in Wonderland, Tom Stoppard, Chuck Palahniuk, Snow Crash, Daniel C. Dennett. I lean heavily toward non-fiction.
Movies: A list of particulars (not all of them comedies): Reefer Madness: the Musical, Alice in Wonderland, The Forbidden Zone, Airplane!, The Princess Bride, Paprika, Dazed and Confused. I am pretty much a comedy nerd, and I also like to watch awesomely bad movies, like "Southland Tales," "The Room," and "Lair of the White Worm."
TV: Community, Dr. Who, 30 Rock, The Wire, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Arrested Development, Parks & Recreation. I also like a lot of cartoons: Adventure Time, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Venture Bros, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, and Metalocalypse. But I don't like Seth MacFarlane shows.
Music: Talking about music is one of my favorite things :) Lately I have been listening to people like Ott, Kaminanda, Glitch Mob, and Bassnectar. (You might call some of it dubstep, but I prefer the broader label of "bass music.") I am starting to DJ as a hobby, focusing on classic goa trance from the '90s, and other things that sound similar. My tastes are kind of all over the place, though, and I have been known to dabble in pretty much every genre under the sun. To name a few bands: Tool, Ani Difranco, Depeche Mode, early Metallica.
Foods: sushi, Thai, tex-mex, Indian, Italian, ice cream, breakfast. Any kind of breakfast.
Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm like Steve Martin in the jerk, hoarding everything around me, thinking that I really do need it. "The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need."
- You have a "yes, and" attitude
- You like to cuddle
- You know some good adventures to have
- You like "hanging out" more than "dates"
- You want to get baked and watch a full episode of "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad" (not many people do--I just thought I'd put it out there, though)