* My family and friends are super important to me. I'll do anything for them. I also know people in nearly every city in the country, which makes traveling easy.
* I really enjoy meeting new people. Especially people that are different than myself. I like learning about their experiences and hearing about places they have been.
* Despite liking new people, I'm generally quite shy at first. It takes me a bit of time to get used to new people and start to open up. I'm trying to get better at this. Practice makes perfect I guess.
* I like music and dancing. Electronic music is by far my favorite genre, but I'm willing to listen to anything. I find dancing to be a great stress reliever.
* Board games are fun. Current favorite is Dominion. I also enjoy crossword puzzles, but generally need some help with them.
* I generally try to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Mostly walking around exploring the city or spending time in parks.
* I'm not a big sports fan. I don't follow any teams. I do occasionally watch soccer or hockey.
* I'm a terrible phone talker, so if we chat there, please don't get turned off by my lack of thoughts. I'm a much better conversationalist in person, where I can read and react to facial expressions.
I'm officially a bunny daddy now. I adopted 2 buns from the Austin Rabbit Shelter about 8 months ago. Check out the pictures of Truffles and Lightning in my new 'Bunnies!' album. I love having them hopping around my house.
I also spend much time working on photography and other art forms. Currently I'm working on a bookshelf for my new house, inspired by a beehive I saw in the greenbelt.
Finally, I like exploring in general. Hiking in a local park, riding my bike around Austin (especially early in the morning when everyone else is asleep), or driving a distance to go camping in Texas or Colorado. Eventually, I'd love to spend a few months exploring Europe.
Lately I've been very interested in the movement of large flocks of birds. Each bird is flying alone, but together all the birds move a single organism, flowing through the air.
Also, I found that in the evening, along lady-bird lake, the sun reflects off the water, and then lights trees along the bank from the underneath. I hope to take a photograph of this soon.
* handyman stuff, like building furniture or fixing electronics
Hitch-hikers guide to the Galaxy
Lately I've been mostly reading non-fiction stuff dealing with the intersection of art, nature, math and computers, like:
The fractal geometry of nature
The nature of code
A touch of code
Run Lola Run
Star Wars IV-VI
Various DJs: Cassy, Whigmy Bros, Claude Von Stroke, Steve Lawler, Konrad Black, Heidi, Alland Byallo, StillLife, Eats Everything, Kill Frenzy, Goldie
* I'm a great cook, and can make many good meals on my own.
Fresh local food
Warm weather (or lots of blankets)
artistic photography. I'd like to start shooting more in black & white and/or purposely noisy conditions.
I'd prefer to meet people in person and not just online, as you get a much better feel for a someone that way. It is important to see if there is any "spark" early in the relationship.