PS - Don't ask me to send you pictures of myself. You can go EAD. And if this makes me sound like a bitch, well I'm a bitch. There you go. ;)
The novel I had written was just too long to sit through, so I'll try to give you the short and semi-sweet version.
- I teach English II with my badass English degree.
- I am the site coordinator of an after school enrichment program for at-risk youth.
- Next year I get to teach Art, so I'm pretty stoked about that.
- I have an almost-seven year old who is fucking BRILLIANT and maddening and silly and awesome. You get the drift.
- I want to travel sososo incredibly bad. I get to do a little, but it's never been JUST for the sake of traveling and seeing the world, which is something I WILL do.
- I play the guitar and sing (when I'm alone!) and I would like to make music a bigger part of my life like it used to be.
- I want to learn how to skateboard. Yeah I'm almost 30. I've also got the grace and coordination of a baby giraffe, so who gives a shit?
- I'm not skinny and I flat-out refuse to apologize for it. So if you don't like 'em thick, then you can just fuck right off. ;)
- I play [roller derby]. Well to say I simply "play" would be an understatement. If this thing (you know... the theoretical "you + me" thing) happens, you need to know that, aside from my child, derby is the most important thing in my life. I'm gone playing in bouts most weekends and the ones I'm not playing in, I'm officiating. I am the current captain of Alexandria's team, the Cenla Derby Dames, and I was also voted in as president of our league. So when I say I "play," I actually mean that I do derby in some way every day of the week. I also dated our coach for two years and we are both incredibly dedicated to the sport.
If you can deal with all of THAT ^^^ then you're golden. ;)