Some other things that make me happy are raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Okay, none of those except the whiskers on kittens. I didn't start liking cats until I was almost 35 and now I am on a dangerous path towards becoming a crazy cat lady.
Puppies are pretty awesome, too. I have three of them - a Great Dane, a Saint Bernard, and a pug. That sounds like the start of a bad joke. Drool and muddy paw prints don't really phase me.
I'm a little bit of a nerd. I love to read and I love computers and technology. I work in a school helping teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms. I'm also working on a PhD in curriculum and instruction.
Even though I don't really consider myself an athlete, I've run several marathons, half-marathons, and triathlons.
I won't date Republicans and I'm very wary of dating guys with kids. It's not that I don't like kids, I love them, actually, but I've found that too many people on here are looking for a permanent babysitter and I already get paid to take care of other people's children. I really don't want to do it on my free time. If I am going to pour my heart and soul into a child, I want it to be my own. And yes, I do want kids. That biological clock thing is no joke. I just turned 35 so I'm not looking to just play around.
I don't know what guys look for when they look at pictures of women on a site like this (actually, that's a lie, I have a pretty good idea) but I have very specific things that are really important to me that your photos will tell me. Here are a few that will make me run away from you, screaming:
1. Guys with guns - If you think that makes you look cool, move along.
2. Guys holding fish or animals that they've killed - gross! I'm no vegan or anything, and if you have to kill an animal to survive, I support that, but if you think killing a living thing is fun, I don't see how we can get along.
3. Guys who take pictures of themselves in the bathroom mirror without their shirt - seriously, how old are you? This means you are immature and narcissistic.
4. Bad photography - everyone has a camera in their phones nowadays. I think you can do better.
5. If you post a picture of yourself and Bill O'Reilly or something, please don't message me. Please. Pretty please. With sugar on top.
1. Guys with cute, live animals - kittens, puppies, bunnies. Aww, you are sweet and sensitive. We have something in common that we can talk about. Let's go volunteer at the animal shelter!
2. Travel pictures to third world countries - I lived in Bolivia for several years as a Peace Corps Volunteer. If I see pictures like this, you might have a similar interest. Awesome!
3. If you have a picture of you and Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, I will marry you. Well, maybe not, but I would seriously consider it.
I also dig smart, funny guys. I've gone out with several very nice men that I've met on here, but none of them have been able to make me laugh. One of my celebrity crushes is Jon Stewart. I don't expect you to be Jon Stewart, but laughing is soo important. Also dumb guys are not hot. At all.