I moved to DC over 9 years ago. When I arrived at the bus terminal, there were nothing but empty lots surrounding it. Now there's a Harris Teeter. And I live near it! Sorta.
DC, I don't love it. But I do *like* it well enough. Especially in Spring when I can explore its farflung neighborhoods or just lounge by the Potomac in Georgetown, or the Anacostia in Navy Yard. What I'm saying is, I like being by the water.
Ultimately I'd like to spend my time studying the history of Yugoslavia (especially Bosnia). The Caucasus also fascinate me (hello Naxçıvan!). And Indo-Sino-Paki-Iranian relations. This will probably take up my entire life. But that's good. Gives me something to do :)
I'm also pretty good, I think, at making lattes and cortados. I've lately been tooling around with my džezva as I polish up my Turkish coffee making skills. I add chicory!
Also maybe my eyes? They have this blue-grey-green thing going on. With gold around the pupil. I'm not afraid to say they are my favorite physical feature. Everyone should have at least *one* physical feature they are proud of.
Oh, and if you are into phlebotomy, you'll notice my veins. I've been told they are quite nice.
1) "We Have Always Lived in the Castle", "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson
2) "White Nights" and "Notes from Underground" by Fyodor Dostoevsky
3) "The White Album" and "Slouching Toward Bethlehem" by Joan Didion
4) "The Fall" and "The Plague" by Albert Camus
5) "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov
6) "The Inferno" by Dante Alighieri (get a GOOD annotated copy)
My favorite book, ever, is "Notes From Underground"
My favorite movie is "Bedrooms and Hallways". Or..."Romy and Michele's High School Reunion".
I really enjoy 90s era woman-fronted punk rock bands. Also, Studio Killers, Mashrou' Leila, and Metric. Grunge too. Heart. Janet Jackson and Nneka. Excuse 17, Nine Inch Nails, and Loreen.
My favorite food is pot roast with red potatoes. But also I really like mussels.
2) Music. I need sounds!
3) Maps. Maps are very soothing. Very centering.
4) Marshes. The brackish kind would be most ideal.
5) Conversation is nice. Passionate and informed conversation is hot.
6) Legs. I love to walk. EVERYWHERE.
Well, how about this, I kind of have a thing for names. If you have a good name, I'm a little turned on. Also, I'm definitely an 'eyebrows guy'.
If you don't know where those are, that's OK...but if you *do* know where those are, I'm probably already in love with you.