Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I'm coming back to RI after a stint in NYC. I like my states
Quick soundbites about me:
-Ambitious, but humble (probably one of the top 3, if not top, most
humble human beings you'll ever meet)
-Witty, sarcastic, and smart
-Kind and genuine
-I've got rhythm.
-I'm full of surprises.
If I were a ninja turtle, I'd be a cross between Rapael and
I'm Thai, Cambodian & Chinese American. I have no qualms about
pimping my exoticism when it's helpful.
True story: As a younger man, I lived in Thailand as a Buddhist
monk. The long term celebacy wasn't going to work out for me, but
the simplicity of that life often beckons me.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- Generally moving in a forward direction; a combination of will
- professional nonprofit do-gooder. I've done public policy and
community development, and now working in education.
- being a dad; hopefully a good one
- 1st time dog owner. I got a puppy (Boston Terrier mix) this
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
1. Second impressions.
2. Cooking in needlessly complicated ways.
3. Figuring things out and fixing things.
4. Capoeira aka dodging kicks to the head aka Dance Fighting.
5. Listing things.
6. Moving between serene and absurd.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Food: I hate bean sprouts with a passion;
otherwise, yes please.
Books: The Tipping Point, The Things They Carried,
The Catcher in the Rye, The Giver, This is How You Lose Her, Gone
Movies: Life is Beautiful, Crouching Tiger, Hidden
Dragon, High Fidelity, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Once,
The Shawshank Redemption, Boyhood
TV: Heroes (season 1), Prison Break (Season 1),
Punky Brewster (Season 2)...chances are, if everyone is talking
about whatever show is the greatest, I've watched it in a binge
session. It's unlikely you'll find me special because of
Bill Withers, Florence and the Machine, The Swell Season, Stevie
Wonder, Post Modern Electronic Gypsy Pop.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
1. Knowing that there are people in this world who are worth
loving, who can share it with me, and who can receive from
2. Hearing my 5yr old laugh. It's a specific sound that elicits
3. Seeing my 11yr old be an amazing big brother.
4. Gummi Bears
5. Massages, hugs and kisses (from my kids, from my dog, from
family, friends and strangers alike)
6. Gummi Bears
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- Time travel
- The perfect heist and breaking out of prison should said heist
not go well (see favorite movies/tv above).
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Depending on the week, I might be a single dad, or I might just be
I might be in NYC, or RI, or somewhere in between.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I'm not the strongest swimmer.
I've almost gotten into a fight with a Buddhist monk. (He started
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
-You'd like to help me train my pup.
-You like smart guys who can fix stuff.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.