New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
29 • Bloomington, IN • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 20–40
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends
- Last online
- Apr 14, 2014
- 5′ 6″ (1.68m)
- Body type
- Strictly vegetarian
- Not at all
- Atheism, but not too serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Open relationship
- Strictly non-monogamous
- Has cats
- English (Fluently), C++ (Okay)
Those are pretty much all of the filter qualities I can think of. If you're still reading, and none of that put you off, then we'll probably get along pretty well.
*Labels are hard. I'm attracted to femininity and androgyny, and I find penises (penii?) just about as arousing as vaginas and vulvas (vulvii?). But I have yet to be sexually attracted to someone who identifies as male (more than the baseline "people can be sexy because they're people"). On a similar note, I tend to identify as male primarily because it's easy, but I feel no particular affinity or association with the gender. More realistically, I identify as "Ambivalent." But I have many of the physical attributes associated with masculinity, and that's the assumption that people make. So... basically, labels are hard.
The last thing they usually notice is the little plastic frog that I snuck into their bag while they weren't paying attention.
Apparently Firefox doesn't think "snuck" is a word. How else would you spell the past-tense of "sneak," Firefox? "Snack?"
I've recently discovered the wonder of audiobooks, and now even the most mundane tasks are made tolerable because I can essentially do them while I read. Cleaning the kitchen has never been more enjoyable. Consequently, I have become one of those people who walks around wearing headphones or a bluetooth headset all the time. It seems like a worthwhile trade-off.
Movie-wise, I'm a fan of pretty much anything Disney/Pixar, and I've been enjoying the hell out of the new Marvel movies. Else, I like movies that make you think, and I've been known to enjoy some occasional camp.
I don't watch much TV, especially when it's actually airing. The two shows that I will re-watch pretty much any time are West Wing and Firefly. But I've been known to enjoy some anime, Avatar TLA, and I watch Daily Show occasionally. I'm also a fan of pretty much every BBC show that makes it across the pond. The only current shows I'm currently watching are Sorkin's new show Newsroom, which is fucking fantastic, and House of Cards, which is like evil-Doppelganger West Wing in all the right ways.
I've been on an A Capella kick recently, fueled by Pandora's recent acquisition of The Sing-Off soundtracks. But I couldn't possibly name a favorite. I listen to a lot of music, though, and really the only things I'll skip are sexist rap, deep country, and teenie-pop.
My ideal meal is Homemade Hungarian Mushroom Soup, hot fresh Pumpernickel Rye bread, and dark chocolate ice cream for desert. All homemade, if possible.
Ok, but Maslow aside. In the spirit of the question:
- Internet (and relevant perusal technology)
- Books (print, digital, audiobook. I love 'em all)
- Close friends. Acquaintances I can take or leave, but as much as I'm an introvert, people are still pretty important to me.
- Frisbee. It's basically my only form of physical activity other than cycling, and the only sport that I'm even remotely good at.
- Music. Making or listening. I'd rather lose my sight than my hearing, for this reason.
- Dairy products. I have never struggled to remain vegetarian, but adapting to a vegan diet would be difficult. I love my eggs, milk, cheese, ice cream, and yogurt. I've tried to compromise by getting as much of it as possible organically and humanely sourced. Someone once suggested that I might need to take calcium supplements, and I laughed and laughed.
Frisbee, role-playing, tinkering with gadgets, perusing the internet, cooking, playing with the cats, reading, gardening, having long socio-political debates with my house-mates, mock combat with foam swords, and drinking tea. Not necessarily in that order.
I'm in a stable open poly relationship (we call it a "polycule" because we have nerdy friends) with my three housemates. Also, while fairly far from asexual, I have a moderately low sex drive. Sex just isn't a high-priority thing for me, but I like people, and I like cuddles.
- You enjoy deconstructing abstract concepts.
- You play table-top RPGs and are looking for another player.
- You're looking for someone to sing with.
- You enjoy curling up with a cup of tea and book.
- You care more about witty banter than plot.
My primary goal here is to find cool new friends. So if you think we should be friends, that's also a pretty good reason.
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.