1. I used to have a job designing crazy social-media experiences for movies. However, my boss left, my new boss turned out to be an indefensible douchecanoe who fired literally one-quarter of the agency without giving me (director of two whole departments), and I was left with no choice but to quit so hard that the impact could be seen from space.
2. My plan was to be giddily unemployed for about six months or so, but that ended up not working out when I immediately got hired by a big-time internet company which shall remain nameless to think up wacky shit they could sell advertisers on doing with their product. I work incomprehensibly hard but it's hands-down the coolest job I've ever had.
3. As part of my new job, I got flown to New York for a public speaking class (I am as inarticulate IRL as I am overly articulate behind a keyboard). The teacher compared me to "a country lawyer"; I'm pretty sure what he meant to say was "the hyper-chicken lawyer from Futurama", but diff'rent strokes or whatever. Anyway the class lasted for literally two hours and then I flew back to LA.
4. I had to go to Comic-Con for the first time. It was basically the most acutely stressful situation into which I've ever thrust myself, and I do NOT say that lightly.
5. I went to Joshua Tree and the wind blew so hard that it literally uprooted the tent I was sleeping in. It had been staked to the ground and everything; Mother Nature was just huffing and puffing THAT HARD.
6. I got called for jury duty and got excused by the prosecution when I started quoting Gerry Spence during voir dire. The whole process took 3 days from beginning to end, which was just long enough for me to read Going Clear (aka that book which absolutely ethers Scientology). What I'm trying to say is that this I have experienced the best possible outcome of jury duty.
7. I got to DJ again! This doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like - getting gigs is hard work for someone so bereft of social skills that their best opportunity to meet women is on the internet - but the upside of this is that when I actually DO get the opportunity to do it I cut loose with a giddy five-hour bender of playing EVERYTHING I've liked in the last however-many-months-it's-been-since-last-time. This was one of those, and it was fun as all hell.