1. I’ll take whisk(e)y over wine any day of the week.
2. I don’t naturally have much of a middle gear. The only forms of exercise I can stand are intense lifting or long, relaxed walks around the city, and that sort of dichotomy shows up all over the place. I’ve definitely learned that there are times when it’s better to aim for a moderate intensity, but it still feels a little bit odd.
3. I love bars of all sorts, but I don’t go to clubs without a damn good reason.
4. My favorite button-down shirts are all brightly colored and plaid. I have to just stay away from Hawaiian shirts, or I’d go nuts.
5. My most valuable friends are the people who’ll tell me when I’m making a mistake. I generally manage to listen to them.
6. I can honestly say that I’ve been bitten by a tiger.
7. I’m a sucker for confident women.
8. I don’t like it when people say that they can’t do something that they just don’t want to, or shouldn’t do. Knowing your own limitations goes both ways.
9. I’m allergic to cats. I like them just fine, but I’m not really wild about what their dander does to me. I’m allergic to horses too, but that’s almost never an issue.
10. I’ve spent most of my life in the suburbs, and I absolutely love being in the city. My absolute favorite part is that I don’t have to have a car.
11. There are only a few things that I take very seriously: my friends, my family and my career. That’s not to say that I’m irreverent; just that I know what’s important to me.
At the moment, I’m mostly looking to meet new people and see a bit more of what the city has to offer. I’m not actively looking for anything more, but it wouldn’t be so bad if I found it.