1. Books: Catch-22, The Monkey Wrench Gang, Snow Crash, All the
Pretty Horses; lately, A Song of Ice and Fire. Science fiction is
my favorite genre, but it's got to be well-written, not just
2. Movies: Airplane!, Wet Hot American Summer, Brazil, Robin Hood:
Men in Tights, Monty Python movies, Dirty Work. I don't watch that
many movies because my attention s
3. Shows: Six Feet Under gave me a completely new respect for
television's potential, and suddenly there was this crazy T.V.
renaissance that's given us Louie, Breaking Bad, Archer, The
Venture Bros, Community... I admire writers that push their genres
in unexpected directions.
4. Music: Belly, Neutral Milk Hotel, the Dandy Warhols, the New
Pornographers, ABBA, the Pixies, Toots and the Maytals, the Yeah
Yeah Yeahs, Rage Against the Machine, Neko Case, The B-52's. Not
Mumford. There's waaaay too much Mumford. On reflection, I guess I
really dig musical innovation too. The Proclaimers did it first,
5. Colors: Blue. No, Yel - AGHHHH!
6. Food: Sriracha on everything. Vientiane Palace, Roman Candle
Pizza, Willalby's, Lazy Jane's, Lao Laan Xang, Batch Bakehouse.