Help your potential matches find common interests.
This list isn't exhaustive, but I tried to make it
representative while keeping it down to a few selections per
- A Game of Thrones; I enjoy the gritty fantasy, the abundance of
characters, and the willingness of the author to kill them off
right when you are developing a connection to them to hit you even
- Forever War; a hard-ish sci-fi about war. Does a lot for me in
terms of describing some of the horror it can bring, the
uncertainty, and how space travel would probably have to
- The Mistborn Trilogy; an excellent fantasy series very well
written. Pure enjoyment was what caused this read.
- The Fifth Element; Don't try to argue that this isn't the best
movie ever made. It has everything: Comedy, Romance, Action,
Editing, Music, Colors, Beautiful People, Locations.
- Moon; One of my favorite actors in a type of cinema that I really
enjoy, the one man film. This type of film usually stretches the
cinematography to the limit when it is constantly showing one
person, and especially when it is in a relatively cramped
- Children of Men; A couple of my favorite actors and some of the
best long takes in cinema.
Music (some updates here)
- Stay High, Habits Remix
- Tempest by SOHN
- Revolusion by Elliphant
- Let me down gently by La Roux
- Ugly Boy by Die Antwoord
- Goddess by Banks
- Pilgrim and Fire Rides by MØ
- Stargate SG-1; I have all 10 seasons, the spin-offs, and the
direct to dvd movies. Suffice to say, I like it.
- The Venture Bros.; Adult swim struck jackpot with this one. Too
bad it seems to be running out of steam because I could watch Hank
and Dean be ridiculous for years.
- Futurama; Sometimes I feel like Fry. But then I am sure that we
all do, and that's the draw. The intelligent jokes don't hurt