Find better matches with our advanced matching system
25 / M / Straight / Single
San Francisco, California
- Last Online
- Dec 2, 2012
- 6′ 1″ (1.85m).
- Body Type
- Mostly vegan
- Not at all
- Atheism and laughing about it
- Cancer but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Computer / Hardware / Software
- Rather not say
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes cats
- English (Fluently), German (Poorly)
JDS77727 San Francisco, California more spontaneous
stewartjason San Francisco, California less of a geek
sc2sf San Francisco, California less of a geek
HIMYMonCupid San Francisco, California more adventurous
techjohn San Francisco, California less kinky
josha San Francisco, California more aggressive
calembour_ahoy San Francisco, California more independent
mr-rong San Francisco, California more aggressive
Some things I'm experimenting with:
Food: I've been pescaterian, vegetarian, and (currently) vegan in the past year.
Activities: I've done soccer, basketball, track and cross country, swim team, kokikai aikido (brown belt), and ultimate frisbee for between 4-8 years each.
Some things I like exploring:
- Thinking about and trying to understand complex systems.
- Books (mostly science fiction)
- State/County Parks (Hiking, Trail Running, and I'd like to learn more about backpacking).
I'm a brown belt in Kokikai Aikido, an awesomely gentle martial art with a focus on strength through misdirection and whole body coordination, rather than through brute strength. It's a great martial art for people of all sizes, weak and strong.
Continuing with physical performance arts, I also enjoy spinning poi and learning new techniques. Make your own poi with knee-length socks and practice tennis balls, both from target!
I also like learning, and am currently taking (for fun) an online Machine Learning class taught by Professor Andrew Ng through Coursera.org.
I've also visited a memory techniques group from meetup.com in the SF/Berkley areas that would eventually like to train for the national/international competitions. Here's the group founder's blog: http://mnemotechnics.org/wiki/Getting_Started
I'm really bad at getting lost, but enjoy trying anyways. Once last week I actually did got pseudo-lost inside GG Park after dusk, I didn't know how the roads cross through the park and my 3mi run went on an extended detour and turned into a 7mi run :)
Reference from The Foundation Trilogy, by Isaac Asimov, highly recommended to anyone who likes science fiction even slightly.
- Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov
- Ender's Game and series
- Digital Fortress - and Dan Brown's other books :)
- From childhood - Redwall Series, Lord of the Rings
Homemade Cooking (3 months of being vegan):
(From asian grocery stores and trader joe's.)
- Frozen Fruit: Mangos, Papayas, Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries, honeydew, cantalope, any fruit...
- Greens: Spinach in smoothies is delicious!
- Lentils are also good in smoothies :)
- Seeds: Mostly Chia and Flax
- Raw Nuts: Walnuts, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Almonds
- Stir fries, Soups, Baked Veggies!
- Baked Yam/Sweet Potato/Tomato/Peppers/Onions/Basil
- Steamed Veggies & delicious asian items (rice cooker)
- All sorts of asian veggies, tomatoes, beets, any veggie really.
- Beancurd rolls, other frozen asian deliciousness
Music (Electronic / Symphonic / Melodies)
Awesome Electronic Music Guide:
- Trance (Vocal, Symphonic, Psy/Goa, Ibiza, Dream, Epic, Anthem)
- Symphonic Trance
- House (Most Europop)
- Hardcore (Happy (ddr), Trancecore)
- Used to listen to: Coldplay, U2, Dave Matthews Band, Jazz, Classical.
- Hiking, Trail Jogging, Kayaking, Swimming, Bicycling, Exploring.
- Learning something new, exploring some topic, cooking healthy food, making something awesome.
(Creativity in movies is awesome, although I rarely watch movies.)
- Bourne Trilogy
- The Italian Job
Shows...don't really watch TV, but friends have shown me:
- Game of Thrones
Friends & Family
Learning & Exploring Life
Active Lifestyle / Outdoor Activities
Minimalist Running Shoes (New Balance Minimus Trail 00)
Connecting the most dissimilar ideas and wondering if there might be a meaningful connection hidden behind the obvious reality. What if... http://what-if.xkcd.com/9/
- Straight girls only
- Ages 22–30
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, activity partners
If you don't say hi, we both know what will happen.