Find better matches with our advanced matching system
31 / M / Straight / Single
- Last Online
- Yesterday – 10:31am
- 5′ 5″ (1.65m).
- Body Type
- Not at all
- Agnosticism and laughing about it
- Pisces but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Education / Academia
- Doesn’t have kids, but might want them
- Likes cats
- English (Fluently), Hindi (Okay), Tamil (Poorly)
CasinoTony Royal Oak, Michigan more adventurous
Indigo_091F92 Troy, Michigan less ambitious
michael_oakley Farmington, Michigan more adventurous
mist3rchr1s Northville, Michigan more adventurous
TalentDarts Oak Park, Michigan more adventurous
TalesOfOctober Redford, Michigan more adventurous
hans__r Troy, Michigan more adventurous
Blain0 Farmington, Michigan more desiring of sex
I usually miss the movies I want to see when they are in theaters and then I forget about them by the time they get to DVDs. For example, the latest Star Trek movie (I have now seen this as a part of movie catch-up marathon along with Clockwork Orange). But this is not to say I dislike films. I don't have one "type" of film I like, and I've enjoyed everything from Kurosawa to (Sacha Baron) Cohen.
I sometimes watch BBC documentaries on Youtube to help me sleep when I'm stressed about something.
My all time TV favorites are Jon Stewart & Colbert, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Dr Who. I've enjoyed Big Bang Theory more than I otherwise would because it has a character who shares my accent and stereotypes my culture in a good way (if that's possible). I have a morbid fascination for Gordon Ramsay.
I'm not a very musical person, but I might be found listening to anything from Bollywood music to Queen to MIA.
I like Indian food in all its varieties. I like Mexican and Ethiopian food as well. I'm not a fan of most food that needs chopsticks to be eaten, but sushi is an exception. I occasionally binge on junk food, and I'm not at all proud of that.
2. Sleep. I can and do still pull the occasional all-nighter, but I really like my sleep.
3. A job. I've never been unemployed since I graduated from college.
4. Solitude. (This doesn't mean I have to be alone, but that I have a space where I am free to do what I want and I am not expected to perform and produce results).
5. Hot water to bathe/shower.
6. After I've moved to Detroit, I'm finding that I can not avoid putting a car on this list. (And I removed chocolate to keep the list to 6 things).
Why owning a house and a car seem to be badges of "maturity", "adulthood" and other incomprehensible terms. In a global world one needs to be mobile to make the best of what is on offer. And owning a house weighs you down (unless it's an investment, but I don't have the capital to invest in property yet). And any civilized city should have usable public transport, but before you jump at me for calling Detroit uncivilized, let me say that I understand the historical pressure the motor companies put on the city.
Why so many of my first dates from OKC go nowhere. Possible answers I've come up with so far are -
1. I take more than one date to show any physical chemistry (and I don't mean the branch of science, organic chemistry is my favorite if you must know). I never know whether I should hug or shake hands or give a high five or what ever, let alone look deep into your eyes and say something profound after having known you for just a few hours.
2. I'm not what people expect me to be. I'm not sure what their expectations are though. Maybe it's my Indian accent, my small stature, or the fact that I don't display all the facets of my character than I might talk about on this profile.
I've never really had very close friends.
I have a strange, somewhat strained relationship with my family, but I love them a lot.
I'm on this site.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 25–42
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating
If you are serious about the possibility of pursuing a serious relationship. This means actually getting to know each other, giving time to get to know each other.
If I appear to interest you or you have anything to ask or discuss based on what you've read here.
You're not religious.
You don't have kids (I have nothing against them, but I'm really looking for something which can turn into a long term relationship and kids from a previous relationship will really complicate that).