Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
I enjoy understanding new things and using logical & musical
creativity under time pressure. I love chatting about common
interests and new things learned.
I studied mathematical optimization in school and can still be
by an interesting problem.
I like playing music. I learned classical piano and cello as a kid
and now I relax by playing pop/jazz styles on the piano, because I
like the freedom to improvise and create your own
I enjoy entertainment most in a cosy environment with a small group
or alone, so for movies and music I'll usually watch or listen at
home. When going out I like nature (parks, beaches, light hiking,
etc.). Indoor rock climbing is fun because it turns exercise into a
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
In the midst of a career transition so I may not be too responsive.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Math & Computer Science, especially contests in either. (I
was on the contest teams in university.)
- Music. Piano mostly, and I was lucky enough to develop absolute
pitch as a kid.
. I like other card & board games too but
these are easily my favourites. I've also designed a Set
- Noticing typos in writing or programming.
- Saying silly things seriously that get interpreted as jokes. (I
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Music: Some examples: pop (Ikimono Gakari, David
Bowie's Low era, Fripside, Pet Sounds), musical soundtracks (Disney
songs, My Fair Lady, Jane Eyre), genres with instrumental hooks
(certain metal, Eurobeat), movie/game soundtracks (Inception,
Chrono Trigger), jazz (Keith Jarrett), classical (Bach).
Movies: Spirited Away, Before Sunset, Frozen,
first bit of Wall-E are favourites. I'll try anything with good
reviews and don't usually re-watch movies.
Books: I read mostly non-fiction: for example,
Moonwalking with Einstein, The Pixar Touch, Masters of Doom. I find
myself reading a lot of pop psychology and anthropology
Food: Dark chocolate, kidney beans, brocolli,
cheese, anything spicy (especially indian food). My weak sense of
smell means I have no appreciation of subtle flavours, but the
silver lining is that I like most food (but I eat gluten-free
because I'm allergic).
Video games: Every 3D Mario, Chrono Trigger
Podcasts: New Yorker Out Loud, 99% Invisible
Casual interests: Economics, game design, UI
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- Improvising on the piano when emotionally moved (such as after a
- Wrapping my head around math/algorithm problems.
- Explaining something interesting to somebody who's
- The moment with a song or album where I can have it on loop and
not get tired of it.
- When I finally "get" something when learning it.
- Earplugs when sleeping.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- How to make efficient use of resources, and how specific ideas
can be generalized.
- Whatever catchy tune is on my mind at the moment.
- What I'd say about what I'm doing or just did if I were talking
to someone. My inner monologue is often active.
- How our surroundings and culture shape our actions, values, and
- What the world might be like in 100 years.
- Which skills can only be acquired in early childhood. (I know
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Exercising, playing piano, chatting with friends and family, or
browsing the internet while listening to music.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I have a weak sense of smell so I'm a little worried about
accidentally drinking or eating something that has gone bad.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
...you want to chat, have music/movies/books/podcast suggestions,
or want a belay partner.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.