Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
- My name is David.
- I'm originally from the Chicago area.
- I have a twitter, but I've never tweeted and only follow Kanye
- I've lived in Beijing for about two years now. It's a cool city.
Lots to do. Lots of opportunities.
- I have a pretty serious collection of Mr. Rogers(ish)
- I started DJing recently. My Dj name is Ted Dancin' Check out my
- I really want a dog.
- I like cheap beer and spicy food.
- I've never spelled the word 'embarrassed' correctly on my first
- Timeout Beijing once described me as funny, bizarre and languid.
I think this is accurate, especially the last two.
- I don't like jam bands, ketchup on hot dogs, or loud eaters.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
Currently I'm teaching US and AP World History here in BJ. I also
dabble in disappointing my Chinese teacher, djing, eating as much
chuanr as possible during the summer, and trying to say funny
things into microphones.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Starting and then not finishing crosswords
- Sending annoying/embarrassing facebook messages to my 16 year old
- Making Mix-Tapes
- Putting 'bro' into words (bronanza, brohemians, brorito?)
- U.S. Geography Trivia (7th grade GEO Bee champ, baby! Never
- Breaking/losing most technology that comes into my life.
- Ordering too much food at restaurants
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
No idea. Curly hair when it's longer? Also let's be honest, I'm not
the tallest guy.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
Movies: I've seen Rushmore, Fargo, and Waiting for Guffman about
100 times each. Mostly content to just watch those over and over.
(I did recently watch Foxcatcher and loved that. It might earned a
coveted spot in my rotation.
Music: I'm in this weird patch, where I just seem to want to listen
to Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base on repeat...
but, my favorite song is "This must be the place" by The Talking
Heads. It always seems relevant to whatever might be going on in my
Other than that, these days I'm really into UK house, 90's R&B,
and French Disco. This is for real.
Books: Running With Scissors is my all time favorite but I
generally like humor. My favorite authors are Gary Shteyngart,
Augusten Burroughs, David Sedaris, and Michael Chabon. Been really
into Peter Hessler lately as well.
Food: I'm a pretty adventurous eater. I really like to try new and
unusual things. I'm not picky at all but my favorites are authentic
Mexican food and BBQ. Also, anything with an egg on it.
TV: The Wire (This is the best show ever. I'll listen to, but
accept no arguments that say otherwise), No Reservations with
Anthony Bourdain, Game of Thrones, Summer Heights High, Kids in the
Hall, Twin Peaks, fargo, top chef, and recently Rick and
Also I really like the podcasts 'Radiolab' and 'Comedy Bang
In general though, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of media there is
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
Besides friends and family....
- French fries
- The Chicago Bulls
- A creative outlet
- My bike (I don't know how I ever lived in Beijing without
- Friday nights
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- Whether or not I should ever catch up with Mad Men
- What I'm gonna eat for dinner
- Facial hair (grow it? Keep it? Shave it? The questions never
- My end of the year music list
- Chinese old people
- Ways to will the Bulls to a Championship
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Hopefully hanging out with the homies. Drinking. Laughing. Maybe
dancing like an idiot.... Im open to suggestions.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I feel like being on a dating site is more than enough embarrassing
info for a complete stranger to know about me.
But also, I can't really swim, whistle, or snap my fingers...I dont
know how this happened.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- you are Regina Spektor
- you're witty.
- you wanna show me some new Chinese food I should eat
- you are Tina Fey
- you can think of a good lie as to how we met
- you are the lead singer from Sleigh Bells
- You know of any good concerts coming up.
- you like to make the most of Friday/Saturday night
- you're cooler than me (not that hard)
- you want to.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.