'cause romance is a two way street...you don't take a woman out for dinner because YOU want to go out for dinner...you think about what is going to make her happy...and that's what I would have done...whether it's veg in PJ's or a fancy dinner or toss you in a snowbank, crappy guys use a cookie cutter approach to things...I actually think about who you are, what matters to you and do that.
Here's the deal...I've figured it out...it's taken me a long time to get to a place where I am comfortable being me and knowing where I am supposed to go...I realize that's a deep place to begin this profile but I am not interested in going on crappy first dates...so I am just going to start with the truth and if that works for you, great...if not, then that's ok too.
I am almost 39...I have drifted in the past few years...not in terms of like sketchy crap but rather in terms of my life...I spent a number of years babying billionaire clients in the financial sector...decided to move to Australia to do my first masters degree...moved back...drifted around a bit, mostly in the financial sector...I then decided to quit my 24/7 stressful nightmare of a job and do an MBA (I finish end of June).
I used to play squash and then hurt everything...my Achilles, my knee, my shoulder, my elbow, wrist...so I stopped playing squash and gained some of weight.
The deal is this...In four months I am done my MBA...I've hired a trainer and the process of dropping the weight is well under way...In nine months I will be where I want to be...good job, healthy and fit...and while it's more likely that I will meet somebody then, I am open to the possibility that something wonderful could happen romantically before I am at my best.
I'd like to chat and then take you for a drink and together we can end this silly singleness and move on with our lives...hand in hand....well, hand in claw...ok just kidding, I have all my body parts :)
- I've been to 20+ countries (Favorites cities: London, Paris, Boston and Sydney...fave countries: Japan, Thailand and Australia)
- I am decent cook
- I have two environmental degrees (Bach and Masters) and am working on an MBA
- I have a 14 year old cat named Taiko. She is grouchy.
- I have one tattoo
- I am a wine and beer snob
- I have an eclectic taste in art. The walls of my place have photographs, aboriginal art, animation art, comic art, street art and a Jackson Pollock (obviously a reprint)
- I think tomatoes are evil
- Photography is a serious hobby of mine
- I collect signed literary novels (i.e. Christopher Moore, Stephen King as well as Giller/Man Booker/Pulitzer types) and signed movie posters (Coolest is probably my Forbidden Planet poster signed by Leslie Neilson)
- I attend a fair number of film festivals (TIFF, Hot Docs, Short Film fest) and pretty much all the literary festivals (WOTS, IFOA, Appel events) fests every year. I have no expectation that these are your thing but would love it if my interests were shared to a degree.
If you are interested in a very small representation of the kind of photos I take:
Or the kinds of books I read: