So, I've been in the dating/relationship world for over 30 years now. In that time, I've learned a ton, have been in love a number of times and look back with feelings of happiness for all the great experiences I've had...with amazing people. Now, the online dating world has been quite interesting...I've learned a ton here as well!
Things I'd consider to be a wash.
- love our friends and family.
- enjoy traveling.
- like to dress up/down depending on the circumstances.
- want to find a partner we can trust.
- find humor a very attractive quality and need it a mate.
- want a best friend as well as lover.
- etc, etc, etc...you get the picture!
I chose to re-write my bio as I enter the dating waters again. It didn't make sense to have my bio state all the bullet points above when we all probably want those things or a variation of them...and more.
Then what is it that determines whether 2 people are a possible 'match'?? As I thought long hard about it, it may really come down to the type of people we all are!? I've found that the more I'm connected in other areas, the higher the percentage is that we'd get along.
Here is a list of big ticket items that I've found can differ from person to person and can be factors in the connection!
- am far more neat and tidy than messy and am more inclined to throw something away than save it.
- basically wash my dishes before I put them in the dishwasher.
- believe the toilet paper has to come over the top.
- am very open with my feelings and find it easy to talk about anything.
- am extremely quick to say I'm sorry, take responsibility and own my 'stuff'
- don't respond well to anything passive/aggressive.
- am very organized, logical and a deep thinker.
- prefer not to make small talk and have conversations about things of substance.
- am first to play a practical joke or do something to crack you up.
- am a romantic guy, attentive to my partner and a natural caregiver.
- have a clever, very witty and sharp sense of humor.
- consider myself to be very funny, open-minded and honest.
- have been divorced for 17 years and don't feel I bring in much past 'stuff' into a new relationship.
- hate drama!
The type of person that works well with me...
What I really hope to find is that 'person' I can sit with and talk about anything and nothing, long after all the "where did you grow up?" questions have passed. While mutual physical attraction and chemistry are essential, physical package is not critical.
Beyond that, I am attracted to women that are quick to smile with a great sense of humor. Someone who has evolved (constant state of) and is aware of themselves, their surroundings and the world.
*** Children, I didn't answer because I am open to every scenario. I've been on the "whatever she wants, I'm fine with" page for many years. To me it's all about finding the right person and the rest will work itself out.
Thanks for reading!