Their result for The Buddhist Basics Test ...
2. Prince Siddhartha's birth was anticipated with much excitement, as it was prophesied that he would either save humanity from cyclic suffering, or become: A Chakravartin, world-ruling monarch, AND (by some) an Avatar of Vishnu
3. Befitting his social rank and according to the tradition of the day, Prince Siddhartha received an extensive education in the sixty-four Tantric arts and sciences. These include: wrestling and needlework.
4. Okay, Keanu lovers. I know you're out there. What four sights was the Prince shielded from during his life in the Palace? Old age, sickness, death, and a renunciate (sannyasin)
5. However, he left his wife and son behind when he slipped quietly out of the palace that night. Your thoughts on this? No 'right' anwer, though you COULD go for "The act of renouncing the world in order to pursue the solution to suffering on behalf of all beings was a truly radical gesture for a spoilt aristocrat. Kudos!"
6. How did Siddhartha's companions react his abandonment of asceticism? They were appalled, believing that their main man had reneged on his vows of renunciation.
7. Unsuccessful in attacking Siddhartha with weapons, intimidating him with grisly and warlike legions, seducing him with his nine irresistibly hot daughters, or breaking the Bodhisattva's samadhi by offering him the whole world, Mara promptly: Vanished without a trace.
8. At this first turning of the Dharma wheel, he taught: The Four Noble Truths: This is Suffering; Suffering arises due to Causes; All things are Impermanent, A Reliable Path to Freedom has been established and can be practiced.
9. the first Buddhist monastery for women was established at the request of His step-mother, Mahaprajapati, and was built on land donated by: The courtesan, Ambapali
10. The objects of refuge are: Guru, Deva, Dakini! AND: Buddha, Dharma, Sangha
11. one principal Hinayana (vehicle of individual realization) tradition survives, and is called: Theravada
12. how would a practitioner from each of the three traditions likely respond to a visceral experience such as sex? -(c), but it would still depend upon the vow class the Vajra practitioner holds. Tantric Buddhism does NOT mean a license to commit ordinary acts arising from unmodified ignorance, desire, or aggression!
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 20% on Variable #1, higher than 58% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 23253 times.
Gals and guys often fantasise about sex with the same gender...even if they dont admit it:) So, do you?
Taken 1334 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Megaman NES Test. I will ask you questions about the Megaman NES saga! Some questions will be easy, others will be hard! Good l...
Taken 28224 times.
Hi! And welcome to my dumbest Test. I'll be using no logic and little knowledge to determine something.
Taken 17428 times.
Find out which Doors song comes closest to describing the real you
Taken 7639 times.
Hi! And welcome to the "Are You a Player" test. ** I THINK I have fixed what was wrong, so you should get a more "accurate" reading** Every...
Taken 3425 times.
Do you watch Showtime's Hit Series "The L Word". Of course you do. How into this show are you? Let's find out!
Taken 1411 times.
This is my first test and it contains 50 questions of various facts about dogs. Each question is scored 2 points so there is a possible 100 points. ...
Taken 2016 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Progressive Rock music Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine if this music appeals to your tastes and yo...
Taken 6169 times.
This test is intended to just give you a laugh. In a day and age of constant competition I decided not to make this test about scoring but rather a br...
Taken 14179 times.
The mind according to Freud is composed of the ID, Ego and Superego. This test will use a totally non-scientific method that I pulled out of my net...
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.