Their result for The Buddhist Basics Test ...
2. Prince Siddhartha's birth was anticipated with much excitement, as it was prophesied that he would either save humanity from cyclic suffering, or become: A Chakravartin, world-ruling monarch, AND (by some) an Avatar of Vishnu
3. Befitting his social rank and according to the tradition of the day, Prince Siddhartha received an extensive education in the sixty-four Tantric arts and sciences. These include: wrestling and needlework.
4. Okay, Keanu lovers. I know you're out there. What four sights was the Prince shielded from during his life in the Palace? Old age, sickness, death, and a renunciate (sannyasin)
5. However, he left his wife and son behind when he slipped quietly out of the palace that night. Your thoughts on this? No 'right' anwer, though you COULD go for "The act of renouncing the world in order to pursue the solution to suffering on behalf of all beings was a truly radical gesture for a spoilt aristocrat. Kudos!"
6. How did Siddhartha's companions react his abandonment of asceticism? They were appalled, believing that their main man had reneged on his vows of renunciation.
7. Unsuccessful in attacking Siddhartha with weapons, intimidating him with grisly and warlike legions, seducing him with his nine irresistibly hot daughters, or breaking the Bodhisattva's samadhi by offering him the whole world, Mara promptly: Vanished without a trace.
8. At this first turning of the Dharma wheel, he taught: The Four Noble Truths: This is Suffering; Suffering arises due to Causes; All things are Impermanent, A Reliable Path to Freedom has been established and can be practiced.
9. the first Buddhist monastery for women was established at the request of His step-mother, Mahaprajapati, and was built on land donated by: The courtesan, Ambapali
10. The objects of refuge are: Guru, Deva, Dakini! AND: Buddha, Dharma, Sangha
11. one principal Hinayana (vehicle of individual realization) tradition survives, and is called: Theravada
12. how would a practitioner from each of the three traditions likely respond to a visceral experience such as sex? -(c), but it would still depend upon the vow class the Vajra practitioner holds. Tantric Buddhism does NOT mean a license to commit ordinary acts arising from unmodified ignorance, desire, or aggression!
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 20% on Variable #1, higher than 59% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 388 times.
Hey internet fiends! Hopefully, most people taking this test are familiar with the popular online comic Bob and George, if not, check it out at http:...
Taken 468 times.
How well do you know me? Haha
Taken 2931 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Useless Trivia As Determined By the Author Test. I'll be using advanced logic and my useless knowledge amassed over years of veg...
Taken 86 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Lisa Loeb Lyrics Test. I will be testing your knowledge of Lisa Loeb song lyrics from all of her albums! this test is pretty tec...
Taken 1317 times.
Ace, Effector, Innovator or Strategist? Which type of game player are you?
Taken 17063 times.
This test is to show which kind of wife you are, or will be (if that is your thing). Remember to answer honestly, otherwise any future spouses out th...
Taken 1557 times.
Hello! This test will determine how much of a Star Wars fanatic/historian you are. Questions will include anything canon, meaning the Expanded Unive...
Taken 138 times.
Bloque III - JL (2)
Taken 46060 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Humane Sexuality Test. I'll be using advanced theory and research to determine how sexually open, educated and just plain weird ...
Taken 10556 times.
Find out if I think teaching high school is the right career for you! Keep in mind, it's only my personal opinion. This test will be based on me, basically.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.