You have watched a lot of eighties sitcoms. You probably watch reruns of these shows on TV Land and Nick at Nite when you get the chance. You may even be one of those people that thinks sitcoms died in the nineties, so you don't really watch them anymore. In any case, kudos to you for your command of sitcom trivia.
If you have any issues/questions/suggestions for me and you're on okcupid.com, please send them over to smenon. Or mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers below.
- Carla Tortelli was the head waitress at Cheers. Both Diane and Rebecca did work under her at various points in the show. Vera Peterson, Norm’s wife, only appeared on the show once, but they did not show her face.
- Harry the Hat was the name of Harry Anderson's character. He was a local con artist and cheat, who regularly swindled money from the "Cheers" gang. He had a memorable return to the show in its last season, helping destroy the bar's rival, Gary's Olde Town Tavern.
- Mike was the eldest son on Growing Pains. The other children were Carol, Ben, and Chrissy. Luke, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, joined the family much later on in the show, but was not a direct relative.
- Maggie Seaver was a TV reporter on the show. She started the show as a newspaper journalist, but later switches careers upon being fired.
- Skip was not one of the Keaton children on Family Ties. He was the next door neighbor, who had a crush on Mallory. Alex, Mallory, Jen, and Andy were the children.
- The Keatons lived in Ohio.
- There were 5 Cosby children: Sandra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy. Several others joined the household at various points (e.g. Raven Symone acting as Olivia), but they were not Cliff and Clair's children.
- Denise initially enrolled as a freshman at Hillman College, a fictional school which was the alma mater of both Cliff and Clair Huxtable. The show "A Different World" was a spin-off from "The Cosby Show", originally following Denise's freshman year at Hillman. She left the show after its first season and returned to "The Cosby Show" because she got pregnant after shooting that first season.
- Alyssa Milano played Samantha Micelli on "Who's the Boss?"
- Tony had been a professional baseball player before becoming a housekeeper on "Who's the Boss?"
- Danica McKellar played Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years". Olivia D'Abo played Kevin's older sister Karen.
- True, Alf was from Melmac.
- On "Perfect Strangers", Balki was originally from Mypos, a fictional island.
- Jason Bateman never appeared on "Major Dad". He played the eldest son David Hogan on "The Hogan Family", he acted as Derek on "Silver Spoons" for a couple of seasons, and he appeared in an episode of "Mr. Belvedere". He actually directed a few episodes of "The Hogan Family". On a non-sitcom note, he was also on the show "Little House on the Prairie"
- All of the above. Clooney acted in several episodes as Jackie's boyfriend Booker on "Roseanne". He acted as George the contractor near the end of "The Facts of Life". He appeared in one episode of "The Golden Girls". He had several brief tv roles in the 80s before hitting it big as Dr. Ross on "ER" in the 90s.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 490 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Are you the one for Danny Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine if you are cool enough to be with me. O...
Taken 2496 times.
What?! You want to take this? Are you nuts? I'm Damadar, and this test is labeled: WHAT?! as in... WHAT?! YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS? ARE YOU NUTS?! Did...
Taken 1843 times.
Hya Visitor ! Welcome to my FrenchKissFullMouthPierro Test. Be ready for anything, life is short ... Intelligence, Humour, Kinkiness, Slavabilit...
Taken 5610 times.
How much U.S. History do you really know? Do you remember the things your teachers taught you? Do you pay attention when reading newspapers or watching the news?
Taken 10111 times.
What science-fiction spaceship should you command?
Taken 304 times.
for those of you who are already offended, I should tell you that 'fundie,' while originally derived from fundamentalist and in reference to christian...
Taken 4221 times.
My brain works in such a "special" way that my friends have named my way of thinking as 'Twisted Roger Logic'. This basically involves making very ast...
Taken 242 times.
find out which character you most identify with in George RR Martin's "A Clash of Kings"
Taken 3165 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Are You Crazy Too Test.
Taken 30662 times.
This test is to show which kind of wife you are, or will be (if that is your thing). Remember to answer honestly, otherwise any future spouses out th...
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.