Their result for A Random 80s Sitcom Quiz ...
The Casual Viewer
You scored 47 percent – mildly cognizant
You definitely watched some sitcoms during the eighties. You probably recognized most of the shows in the questions, even if you didn't know all the details of them. Fortunately, you can get them all on DVD now in order to fill in the gaps.
If you have any issues/questions/suggestions for me and you're on okcupid.com, please send them over to smenon. Or mail email@example.com. Answers below.
- Carla Tortelli was the head waitress at Cheers. Both Diane and Rebecca did work under her at various points in the show. Vera Peterson, Norm’s wife, only appeared on the show once, but they did not show her face.
- Harry the Hat was the name of Harry Anderson's character. He was a local con artist and cheat, who regularly swindled money from the "Cheers" gang. He had a memorable return to the show in its last season, helping destroy the bar's rival, Gary's Olde Town Tavern.
- Mike was the eldest son on Growing Pains. The other children were Carol, Ben, and Chrissy. Luke, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, joined the family much later on in the show, but was not a direct relative.
- Maggie Seaver was a TV reporter on the show. She started the show as a newspaper journalist, but later switches careers upon being fired.
- Skip was not one of the Keaton children on Family Ties. He was the next door neighbor, who had a crush on Mallory. Alex, Mallory, Jen, and Andy were the children.
- The Keatons lived in Ohio.
- There were 5 Cosby children: Sandra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy. Several others joined the household at various points (e.g. Raven Symone acting as Olivia), but they were not Cliff and Clair's children.
- Denise initially enrolled as a freshman at Hillman College, a fictional school which was the alma mater of both Cliff and Clair Huxtable. The show "A Different World" was a spin-off from "The Cosby Show", originally following Denise's freshman year at Hillman. She left the show after its first season and returned to "The Cosby Show" because she got pregnant after shooting that first season.
- Alyssa Milano played Samantha Micelli on "Who's the Boss?"
- Tony had been a professional baseball player before becoming a housekeeper on "Who's the Boss?"
- Danica McKellar played Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years". Olivia D'Abo played Kevin's older sister Karen.
- True, Alf was from Melmac.
- On "Perfect Strangers", Balki was originally from Mypos, a fictional island.
- Jason Bateman never appeared on "Major Dad". He played the eldest son David Hogan on "The Hogan Family", he acted as Derek on "Silver Spoons" for a couple of seasons, and he appeared in an episode of "Mr. Belvedere". He actually directed a few episodes of "The Hogan Family". On a non-sitcom note, he was also on the show "Little House on the Prairie"
- All of the above. Clooney acted in several episodes as Jackie's boyfriend Booker on "Roseanne". He acted as George the contractor near the end of "The Facts of Life". He appeared in one episode of "The Golden Girls". He had several brief tv roles in the 80s before hitting it big as Dr. Ross on "ER" in the 90s.
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 47% on Smart, higher than 8% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 119 times.
Find out which of your friends is your Best Friend.
Taken 76946 times.
This is the ultimate and most accurate test one could ever take in this area. This test is for boys, but if you're a girl and you feel you REALLY want...
Taken 33871 times.
Hi! And welcome to my dumbest Test. I'll be using no logic and little knowledge to determine something.
Taken 32888 times.
This test is to show which kind of wife you are, or will be (if that is your thing). Remember to answer honestly, otherwise any future spouses out th...
Taken 76 times.
Quel Petrus êtes-vous ?
Taken 10215 times.
Hi! And welcome to my What Kind of Diaper Are You Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 6216 times.
Some people like to get a sweat on... Some don't. Which are you?
Taken 2226 times.
Are you afraid of bugs? Or do you think they're cute? Take this test to find out If you're the Afraid type, the Squeamish type, the Neutral type, or the Adoring type!
Taken 4342 times.
What?! You want to take this? Are you nuts? I'm Damadar, and this test is labeled: WHAT?! as in... WHAT?! YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS? ARE YOU NUTS?! Did...
Taken 212 times.
Bloque III - JL (2)
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.