Their result for The Online Scam Test ...
You scored 79 Online Savvy!
- NEVER trust a link in an email. For an excellent quiz on how good you are at picking out fake emails, look at the Sonic Wall Phishing IQ Test.
- Just because an email is from someone you know well, doesn't mean that they sent the email!
- Keep your computer up to date with patches, ESPECIALLY if you run Microsoft Windows. Windows systems are the most widely used and therefore the most likely target for attack.
- If you have a broadband connection (Cable or DSL) I highly recommend that you install a router, such as a Linksys or D-Link. The nice thing is that these boxes lock down external access to your computer. I look at my access logs occasionally and I'm always amazed at how many programs are out there, trying to break into my system, but are stopped by the router. Anti-Virus programs aren't a bad idea either.
- There are lots of ways to put windows up behind other windows while browsing - if you get an alert that your computer is out of date, don't trust it, use the utilities that came with the computer (i.e. Windows Update or similar).
- Google for "419 Scams" to find out about offshore scams
- If you're a US resident, the last 4 digits of your Social Security number are often enough to steal an identity, if the thief knows where you were born (or where you lived when the card was issued).
- Similarly, if the thief knows who issued your credit card, the last 4 digits of your credit card are often enough to steal a credit card number
- Dating sites are likely targets for scammers, because people tend to be a bit more open. Trust your instinct.
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 79% on Online Savvy, higher than 23% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 2017 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Progressive Rock music Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine if this music appeals to your tastes and yo...
Taken 23304 times.
Gals and guys often fantasise about sex with the same gender...even if they dont admit it:) So, do you?
Taken 1255 times.
Hya Visitor ! Welcome to my FrenchKissFullMouthPierro Test. Be ready for anything, life is short ... Intelligence, Humour, Kinkiness, Slavabilit...
Taken 7645 times.
Hi! And welcome to the "Are You a Player" test. ** I THINK I have fixed what was wrong, so you should get a more "accurate" reading** Every...
Taken 3153 times.
Some people like to get a sweat on... Some don't. Which are you?
Taken 1698 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Horse Racing Test.
Taken 17436 times.
Find out which Doors song comes closest to describing the real you
Taken 165 times.
Bloque III - JL (2)
Taken 4062 times.
Hi! And welcome to my (recently updated 10-29-09) 50 Question Match Perfection Test. This test was designed to test your ultimate compatibility wi...
Taken 1413 times.
This is my first test and it contains 50 questions of various facts about dogs. Each question is scored 2 points so there is a possible 100 points. ...
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.