Their result for The Communication Style Test ...
You scored 38% assertiveness and 42% expressiveness!
Verbal (what you say):
* You prefer to listen
* You use close, personal language
* You use supportive language
Paraverbal (how you say it):
* You speak slowly
* You use soft tones
* You're patient with your speech
Body language (the way you use your body to communicate):
* You have a gentle handshake
* You like giving hugs
* Your movement is slow
Personal space (the way you use space to communicate):
* You have pictures of family and friends in your personal or workspace
* You like side-by-side seating
* You like keeping sentimental items
Professions utilizing this communication style:
* Artist, designer, inventor, the nice kid in school
-------- Adjusting your communication style for others ----------
DIRECT communicators have lower levels of expressiveness and higher levels of assertiveness. When communicating with others who have a DIRECT style:
* Focus on the result first; state the conclusion at the outset.
* State your best recommendation; don't offer many alternatives
* Be as brief as possible
* Emphasize the practicality of your idea
SPIRITED communicators have similar levels of expressiveness and higher levels of assertiveness. When communicting with others who have a SPIRITED style:
* Allow for small talk; don't jump right in to what you want to talk about
* Stress the relationship between your proposal and the people concerned
* Show how the idea worked well in the past
* Be informal
SYSTEMATIC communicators have similar levels of assertiveness and lower levels of expressiveness. When communicating with someone who has a SYSTEMATIC style:
* Be precise; state the facts
* Organize your discussion in a logical order (background, present situation, outcome)
* Break down your recommendations
* Include options and alternatives with pros and cons
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 38% on assertiveness, higher than 38% of your peers.
They scored 42% on expressiveness, higher than 25% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 4316 times.
Hi! I'll be asking questions regarding the automotive cultural set u fit into. Also whether you are more speed/power oriented or more appearnce orien...
Taken 401 times.
Et vous, quel prof-doc êtes-vous ? For school librarians (test in French).
Taken 980 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Horse Racing Test.
Taken 5621 times.
What is your knowledge of Famous Movie Quotes?
Taken 9024 times.
This test is to show which kind of wife you are, or will be (if that is your thing). Remember to answer honestly, otherwise any future spouses out th...
Taken 8427 times.
Find out if I think teaching high school is the right career for you! Keep in mind, it's only my personal opinion. This test will be based on me, basically.
Taken 1913 times.
Do you watch Showtime's Hit Series "The L Word". Of course you do. How into this show are you? Let's find out!
Taken 1051 times.
Do you think your the jealous type...?
Taken 1533 times.
How intelligent are you when it comes to hitting the clubs for an evening?
Taken 755 times.
Do you have what it takes to correctly answer a series of moronic trivia questions of little to no value? Find out!