Their result for Psychology-101 Sexual Knowledge Test ...
There are 20 questions, each question represents 5%. Do the math to figure out how many you missed.
Don't feel bad, only a trained psychology professional (or the person that wrote the test) will probably get them all 100%, unless you cheated....
If you're still DYING to know what you got right and wrong, the Answer Key is posted below, as well as in my Journal (to allow comments), along with my take on each question...
Quick answer: 2,5,8,10,15,17 were FALSE, all others are TRUE.
1. Generally speaking, women receive more negative training/teaching while growing up, than men do in the same environment.
TRUE - Women have long been taught to repress their sexual desires, that sex is "dirty".
2. Wild, crazy, serious sex, is detremental to (bad for) one's overall well-being.
FALSE - Mental Health professional find that having "wild and crazy" sex is good for one's (mental) health. Nothing relaxes one more than a mind-shattering orgasm!
3. The idea of what the very best sex a person can have differs widely between a man and a woman.
TRUE - A woman typically feels the best sex they can have is with someone they're madly in love with, and in a stable, strongly emotional relationship. Men, of course, want a Centerfold or Movie Star.
4. As a whole, men naturally have a considerably higher sex drive than women.
TRUE - There's just something about that Testosterone stuff that makes men wild and crazy for doing the nasty.
5. Sexual Preferences and Orientation (straight/gay/bisexual/other) are a person's conscious and willing choice.
FALSE - Contrary to what religious leaders and bible-banging politicians may want to believe, one's sexual orientation is widely believed to be "hard coded". There's nothing you can do about it, so just go be yourself!
6. Our mostly puritan historical outlook on sex still negatively affects most of us.
TRUE - This country, after we took it from the Indians, was founded on the basis of freedom of religion. Europe was awash in religion. Religion dictated (no pun intended) that sex was bad, and the repercussions of that edict are still with us to this day.
7. In both men and women, being often concerned with "hooking up", or the number of "sexual conquests" you've had, usually is indicative of a deep fear of relationships.
TRUE - C'mon - this one is pretty much self-explanatory, isn't it?
8. Individuals that decide to make a conscious effort to change their sexual orientation, are usually able to do so successfully, given some time.
FALSE - Better re-read question #5. It's a biological choice. Hard-wired. A gay man can go out with, and sometimes marry, women. It's usually because of pressure from family or peers, but he is still gay and is still attracted more to men than women.
9. If you are emotionally/romantically involved with your partner (you have strong feelings for them, not just that you thought they were hot), you are more likely to be more aroused than if you were not.
TRUE - Especially with women, men experience it too, they just don't admit it.
10. It is recommended by professionals that Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual individuals receive intensive psychotherapy.
FALSE - The professionals now realize that it's a biological edict that influences one's sexual orientation. Therapy isn't going to change that.
11. It is beneficial and healthy that the majority of Catholics do not follow the rules on sexual behavior as dictated by the Catholic Church.
TRUE - The Church has numerous rules and regulations regarding sex. Most prominently, NO Condoms (resulting in a spread of STD's and unwanted pregnancy) and (worse IMO) NO Masturbation.
12. Men and women have different ways of thinking about rape.
TRUE - I'm not going to delve into analyzing this question. Touchy subject. Google it.
13. For individuals and couples experiencing sexual difficulties, "Sexual Therapy" is usually much less expensive, and far more effective, than traditional psychotherapy.
TRUE - Again, a subject I'm not familiar with. I have no sexual difficulties, nor do I pay for sex (unless you count my ex-wife, in which case I'm still paying for it! :> )
14. Hormones are responsible for the differences in levels of sexual interest between men and women.
TRUE - Testosterone is shown to increase sex drive, surprisingly in both men and women. Small doses of testosterone have been prescribed, successfully, to women experiencing a lack of sex drive.
15. Being interested in or aroused by pornography is a sign of a mental illness or instability.
FALSE - Controversial question, so I'll refrain from comment.
16. Men and Women will always behave and think differently about sex, even in some ideal future society.
TRUE - Though that Mars & Venus crap, forget about it. Men are from Earth, Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
17. A hatred or repugnance for erotica, pornography and nudity is a completely natural human reaction and considered "healthy".
FALSE - Controversial question, so I'll refrain from comment.
18. Men are frequently unaware of how their use of sexual words and phrases affect women (both positively and negatively).
TRUE - It's not just that they're being insensitive. Men biologically suffer from what I call OTMOTM. "On the Mind, Out the Mouth" disease.
19. The author of this test is trying to deceive us, and the last two questions are trick questions.
TRUE - You didn't really think that there wouldn't be a trick question, did you? No, that's not a trick question.
20. Regardless of my score, I think this test helped me learn a few things that I wasn't sure of... at least, that's what the voices just told me.
TRUE - I sure hope it helped, anyway, and that you'll vote Five Stars for me :>
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 80% on Informed, higher than 56% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 8970 times.
What is your knowledge of Famous Movie Quotes?
Taken 13032 times.
Hi! And welcome to my What Kind of Diaper Are You Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 6282 times.
In my opinion, being adventurous is one of the best things you can do for yourself. If you try new things every now and then, sure you could run into...
Taken 6187 times.
My brain works in such a "special" way that my friends have named my way of thinking as 'Twisted Roger Logic'. This basically involves making very ast...
Taken 4831 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Useless Trivia As Determined By the Author Test. I'll be using advanced logic and my useless knowledge amassed over years of veg...
Taken 7277 times.
So, to be honest, I am just bored and I wanna know if there is anyone out there that matches my criteria for the type of man I want. Yes, I do want a ...
Taken 114 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Lisa Loeb Lyrics Test. I will be testing your knowledge of Lisa Loeb song lyrics from all of her albums! this test is pretty tec...
Taken 225 times.
Bloque III - JL (2)
Taken 1849 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Megaman NES Test. I will ask you questions about the Megaman NES saga! Some questions will be easy, others will be hard! Good l...
Taken 7885 times.
How much U.S. History do you really know? Do you remember the things your teachers taught you? Do you pay attention when reading newspapers or watching the news?
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.
Enter Authentication Code
Not so fast!
You need to complete your basic info on the mobile app before you can use the desktop site.