Their result for The Urban Legend Music Test - Fact or Crap? ...
You know some stuff - you are average, but still special and unique in your own way. Like a snowflake.
Here are the answers for those who are interested:
1. Which celebrity had to be rushed to the ER to have their stomach pumped from reportedly swallowing too much semen? The answer is none of the above. This urban legend is one of the most prolific, and the rumor has been linked to not only Rod Stewart, Lil Kim and Gwen Stefani, but also Huey Lewis and Britney Spears. It simply isn't true.
2. Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams is about the position, not the year? This is true. Bryan Adams was only nine years old in the summer of 1969. The reference in the title is about the sexual position.
3. Billy Ocean had three number one hits, each with an eight word title. This is true! Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run), There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) and Get Outta My Dreams (Get Into My Car).
4. Which band famously incorporated a fish into a sex act with a groupie? It was members of both Led Zeppelin and Vanilla Fudge, and it was a mudshark John Bonham (drummer for LZ) and their road manager caught from the balcony of their hotel room which was on Puget Sound. Carmine Appice (drummer for VF) claims it was his groupie, a tall redhead named Jackie, that got the mudshark "treatment" from Bonham and the road manager. Most of the band members for both groups witnessed parts of the act, but both camps claimed it was not them, but the other band, that this story is accredited to.
5. Kid Rock is not related to Hank Williams, Jr. in any way. They are friends.
6. The famous stuttering chorus in "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by Bachman Turner Overdrive was Randy Bachman's jab at his brother Gary, who had a stutter in real life. This is true. The song was never meant to be released as a single, but their manager heard it and insisted it be put on the album and released as a single.
7. Jack White and Meg White of the White Stripes-what the hell kind of actual relation to they have to one another? They are ex husband and wife, but they perpetuated the rumor that they were brother and sister to further confuse everyone.
8. Saved By The Bell star Dustin Diamond is related to Mike Diamond of the Beastie Boys. This is false.
9."Never Learn Not To Love" by the Beach Boys is a reworking of a Charles Manson song titled "Cease to Exist." This is true! Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys had picked up two female hitchhikers, took them back to his house for a romp, and then left them to go work on some tracks at the recording studio. When he returned home, he says the girls had invited a bunch of their friends over, which ended up being the "family" and their leader, Charles Manson. Manson and his family of young hippies lived in Wilson's house for almost a year, and in that time, the Beach Boys took his song Cease to Exist and reworked it, changing the title to Never Learn Not to Love. Dennis Wilson claimed he didn't give Manson credit in the liner notes because he didn't want credit, only money. Wilson claims to have given him over $100,000. Wilson quickly realized how dangerous and volatile Manson was, and rather than kick him out of his house, Wilson simply moved and allowed the lease to run out at the residence.
10. How did Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers avoid getting drafted for the Vietnam War? The answer is he shot himself in the foot, at the urging of his older brother, Duane. Duane was exempt from the draft, being the eldest male in a fatherless family, but he didn't want to have his little brother be drafted. He planned a "foot shooting party", invited some girls and provided lots of booze. After some needling from his brother, Gregg caved in, called an ambulance, and as soon as he heard the sirens, shot himself in the foot. Later at the hospital, Gregg remembered that he had painted a large bullseye on his left shoe, and had to sneak into the surgical suite later to retrieve it, lest someone should find it and report him to the government.
11. Who wrote I Write the Songs? Not Barry Manilow, who made it famous. It was written by Bruce Johnston of the Beach Boys.
12. Pink Floyd tried to record an album using only household objects. This is true, but the results were less than satisfactory, so they scrapped it.
13. Keith Moon and Mama Cass both died in the same London flat owned by Harry Nilsson. This is true! Since Harry Nillson was only in London half the year, he would loan the apartment to friends while he was out of town. Mama Cass Elliot was in town for a performance when she died on July 29, 1974 of a heart attack (not choking on a ham sandwich, which was another widespread rumor). Four years later, Keith Moon (drummer for The Who) was borrowing the apartment from Harry Nillson. Pete Townsend (guitarist for The Who) was the actual renter, paying Nillson on Moon's behalf. Moon died of a drug overdose on September 6th or 7th, 1978. Harry Nillson was so spooked, he refused to go back to the flat. Pete Townsend bought it from his friend so he wouldn't ever have to see it again.
14. John Mayer and Jimi Hendrix both have (and had) a neurological condition called synaesthesia, causing them to perceive music as colors. This is true, although never officially diagnosed. Both Hendrix and Mayer have claimed that they perceive music as specific colors (for example, John Mayer says he sees his song Your Body is a Wonderland as "white or clear. Diamond," and his song 83 as "yellow and red and avocado.") Synaesthesia can also translate to taste; for example, one with the condition might attribute the word "bus" to tasting like bubble gum.
15. Stevie Wonder lost his sense of smell and therefore taste in a car accident (and no, he wasn't driving). This one is also true, but he regained both over time. He was being driven by his cousin on August 6, 1973, who was chauffering him to a benefit concert when the logging truck in front of them slammed on it's brakes, sending a log through the windshield into Wonder's face. He was in a coma for four days and came out with a scar on his forehead and the inability to smell and taste. Over time both senses came back.
16. Many of the Bee Gees songs on "Saturday Night Fever" were recorded in the same studio as several porno films. This is true. The Gibbs brothers were staying at the Chateau D'Herouville Studio, just outside of Paris (David Bowie and Elton John had also recorded there). The Chateau was the location for many, many pornographic movies. Robin Gibb has said before he has personally seen a porno in which several ladies have sex on the staircase leading up to the studio where they wrote "Night Fever."
Their Analysis (Vertical line = Average)
They scored 60% on Pure, higher than 93% of your peers.
More tests we think you'll like
Taken 375 times.
Hi! And welcome to my SANRIO/HELLO KITTY KNOWLEDGE Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine how well you know your Sanrio charac...
Taken 2481 times.
What?! You want to take this? Are you nuts? I'm Damadar, and this test is labeled: WHAT?! as in... WHAT?! YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS? ARE YOU NUTS?! Did...
Taken 66577 times.
This is the ultimate and most accurate test one could ever take in this area. This test is for boys, but if you're a girl and you feel you REALLY want...
Taken 9846 times.
Hi! And welcome to the "Are You a Player" test. ** I THINK I have fixed what was wrong, so you should get a more "accurate" reading** Every...
Taken 2514 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Progressive Rock music Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine if this music appeals to your tastes and yo...
Taken 5605 times.
How much U.S. History do you really know? Do you remember the things your teachers taught you? Do you pay attention when reading newspapers or watching the news?
Taken 481 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Are you the one for Danny Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine if you are cool enough to be with me. O...
Taken 7861 times.
What is your knowledge of Famous Movie Quotes?
Taken 3146 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Useless Trivia As Determined By the Author Test. I'll be using advanced logic and my useless knowledge amassed over years of veg...
Taken 4975 times.
Some people like to get a sweat on... Some don't. Which are you?
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.