As a semi-progressive troglodyte I prefer real books over e-books, vinyl over cds, and driving over flying. I love dry heat and can't survive for long with intense humidity. I live with my mum. Not really. I live with my feet on the ground and head in the clouds. No. My head's on the ground, my feet are also on the ground. Something's up there in the clouds, I think it's one of my hands. Or my nose. I have a prominent nose. I love life's pitfalls and triumphs (that's not entirely accurate but I feel it makes me seem rather well-rounded), I'm far too chivalrous for this town (completely true) and easy to get along with for the most part if you just ignore, or embrace, my occasional low blood sugar induced mood swings.
*Following a couple of overly hostile and frankly unwarranted e-mails, I implore you to please take note of my status. I can assure you I have little to no interest in a no strings attached scenario or a one-night-stand, I've deliberately not checked casual sex in my list of criteria, I'm not cheating on or lying to anyone, I'm not a slut, a cad, or a miscreant, and if you have read and enjoyed my profile and would like to know more about the juicy details of my private life, or simply want more of a general overview, please don't hesitate to write and ask anything you wish; just leave the hostility and unwarranted conclusions at the door. Thank you very much.
- Artists: Bill Viola, Jeff Wall, Cornelia Parker, Caravaggio, Martin Honert, David Mach.
- Writers: Richard Ford, John Osborne, Sam Shepard, Elmore Leonard, Robert Hughes, John King, Grace Paley, Blaise Cendrars, Bruce Robinson, Tim O'Brien, Oscar Wilde, David Mamet, Joe Orton, Dennis Potter, John Berger, T.C. Boyle.
- Films: The Night of the Iguana, The Philadelphia Story, Wild at Heart, Once, Swingers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Boudu sauvé des eaux, Kung Fu Panda, An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, Two-lane Blacktop, Paris, Texas, Punch-Drunk Love, The Passenger, Withnail & I.
- TV: The Mighty Boosh, Peep Show, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The IT Crowd, House of Cards, Seinfeld.
- Music: Sparks, David Byrne with or without Brian Eno, The Lounge Lizards, Black Star, Tony Bennett, The Jam, Blondie, XTC, The Cure, Elvis Costello, The Shangri-Las, Millie Jackson, Pixies, Tricky, Nina Simone, Pussy Galore, David Sylvian, Mono, Robyn Hitchcock, Prince, Al Green, de la soul, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Melody Gardot, Gil Scott-Heron, Tom Waits, Goldfrapp, The Temptations, LCD Soundsystem, Beck, Mos Def.
- Food: Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Kettle Chips.
Coconut milk curry
My old mucker J.
...when you reach a certain age people will be able to tell from the lines on your face that you've always smiled and laughed a lot. Unlike that dreadful woman who works in my local bakery.
...you actually listen to the other person when involved in a conversation, and you're not a flake or busy-body.
...you're German and you're willing to pretend that tandem-speaking is an option, even though it's safe to say your English will be far better than my German, so if you're fine with that then we can both laugh at my attempts at speaking your language and then switch back to English.