- Artists: Bill Viola, Jeff Wall, Cornelia Parker, Caravaggio, Martin Honert, David Mach.
- Writers: Richard Ford, John Osborne, Sam Shepard, Elmore Leonard, Robert Hughes, John King, Grace Paley, Blaise Cendrars, Bruce Robinson, Tim O'Brien, Oscar Wilde, David Mamet, Joe Orton, Dennis Potter, John Berger, T.C. Boyle.
- Films: The Night of the Iguana, The Philadelphia Story, Wild at Heart, Bill &Ted's Excellent Adventure, Once, Swingers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Boudu sauvé des eaux, Kung Fu Panda, An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, Two-lane Blacktop, Paris, Texas, Punch-Drunk Love, The Incredibles, The Passenger, Withnail & I.
- TV: Fleabag, Narcos, The Mighty Boosh, Peep Show, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The IT Crowd, House of Cards, Seinfeld.
- Music: Sparks, David Byrne with or without Brian Eno, The Lounge Lizards, Black Star, Tony Bennett, The Jam, Blondie, XTC, The Cure, Elvis Costello, The Shangri-Las, Millie Jackson, Pixies, Tricky, Nina Simone, Pussy Galore, David Sylvian, Mono, Robyn Hitchcock, Prince, Al Green, de la soul, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Melody Gardot, Gil Scott-Heron, Tom Waits, Goldfrapp, The Temptations, LCD Soundsystem, Beck, Mos Def.
- Food: Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Kettle Chips.
Coconut milk curry
My old mucker J.
...I've stated that I'm looking for women, but men are also welcome to get in touch. When I changed it to "Everybody" I received lots of emails from men from a million miles away.
...when you reach a certain age people will be able to tell from the lines on your face that you've always smiled and laughed a lot. Unlike that dreadful woman who works in my local bakery.
...you actually listen to the other person when involved in a conversation, and you're not a flake or busy-body.
...you're German and you're willing to pretend that tandem-speaking is an option, even though it's safe to say your English will be far better than my German, so if you're fine with that then we can both laugh at my attempts at speaking your language and then switch back to English.