1. I consider myself an introvert, yet at the same time I'm pretty social and I love having interesting conversations.
2. I'm a big Beatles fan, and when I watched this video of tons of people picking between "Lennon or McCartney," I realized I'd have to pick McCartney. But it's OK if you'd pick Lennon. If you prefer the Stones to the Beatles, that could be more of an issue...
3. I've been a vegetarian since I was 10. Don't worry, I get plenty of protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. (I just had a nutritional screening.) I recently decided to make an exception for oysters, mussels, and clams.
4. At some point I decided to prioritize being happy and well-adjusted (which applies to myself and others). I've seen too many bright, original people hold themselves back with neurosis and angst.
5. I'm half-Jewish as far as ethnicity, but I'm not religious.
6. I grew up in Madison, WI.
7. I don't care very much about conforming to gender roles, nor do I define myself in opposition to them. I basically think people should live life the way they want to. Why would you waste even one minute of your life worrying about whether someone else thinks you meet expectations about what someone with your type of body is supposed to be like, when you could have spent that time focusing on something more important?
8. Politically, you could describe me as an amalgam of liberal and libertarian. Just to be upfront: if you have a strict ideological or partisan litmus test, I probably won't pass it. However, we don't have to talk about politics.
9. I'm a big believer in equality. Anyone who answered "yes" to "Is homosexuality a sin?" should move onto the next profile, because anyone who has a problem with my friends and family has a problem with me.
10. I'm into grammar — I'm kind of a language nerd.
11. I've found that some of the most important things in a relationship are good communication, openness, and honesty.
"I wish I could put your sense of reason in a bottle and serve it to people."
"There is a sensitivity in the way you interact with the world."
"You're such an extraordinarily generous and keen observer that you make your friends feel famous and special just for having been the subject of your attention at some point in their lives."
"I'm proud to have you as one of my best friends. You're one of the most intelligent, talented, and compassionate people I know. You've been a wonderful collaborator and bandmate, and your feedback on my creative endeavors is always of the highest order."
"I was sitting at home tonight and trying to decide what to do, thinking I could go to the movies, see some live music, or anything. Then I decided to call you on the phone, because I thought it would be more interesting than any of those other things."
Movies: Back to the Future, Hitchcock, classic comedies.
TV: Seinfeld, Shameless, The Office, Seinfeld, Stella, The State, Arrested Development, Flight of the Conchords.
Music: I'm open to almost anything, and I don't worry about picking music to fit my personality. I love jazz, rock, Motown, and classical. A few favorites: the Beatles, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Tori Amos, Sam Cooke, Nirvana Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, Regina Spektor, St. Vincent, Grizzly Bear, the Postal Service, Lorde...
Food: I love most fruits and vegetables, and I'm willing to try anything as long as it's vegetarian or bivalve (oysters, mussels, clams).
Given that the cells in your body are entirely replaced every 7 years, can you really say you're still the same person?
Why doesn't everyone step aside and let everyone off the subway before they get on the train? Don't they notice that it saves everyone's time, including their own?
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Why is "shrift" always short, and you never get just a partial "shebang"?
You like going to cafes that aren't Starbucks, cocktail bars (somewhere not so loud and crowded that it's impossible to have a nice, relaxed conversation), oyster happy hours, art galleries, or karaoke, and would like someone to go there with you. You'd like to read books to each other and talk about them. You think you can beat me at chess or Scrabble. You'd like to go dancing or hiking.
You're independent, resilient, able to cope with life. Your profile says something about you that's more distinctive than that you like to have fun and love to laugh. You're someone who thinks about how your actions affect those you might never meet. You can handle a man with opinions. You're on here not just to look at pixels but to meet a real person.
Race is not important!