Traveling is my primary pleasure. I've visited a few places in the US, mostly in CA, AZ, and western NM for camping adventures, and a few other cities in TX and the DMV area. Some international destinations as well - Canada, UAE (Dubai), Peru, Chile, Singapore, and my homeland.
Future plans include:
- Mexico City (2015) (Scratch that, did not happen)
- Iceland (2016) Scratch that, will not happen :-(
- Turkey (2017) Maybe it'll happen :-|
Food is a secondary pleasure. I enjoy restaurants and cafes such as DaoFu and Mission Cafe. Fresh, simple, well-, but not over-seasoned meals elegantly presented are awesome. Once in a while, I try to cook such meals too. Leisurely cooking is relaxation - much like painting. I have a general idea of where I'm going, but I usually cook by sensations (fragrance, taste, appearance) and not by recipe. Not always - there are times recipes are crucial. Of course, this will fail miserably with baking. Needless to say, I don't bake much. However, I was successful baking basic white bread and cinnamon swirl bread - they were both delicious.
And finally, my pets are my joy. There's nothing in the world like coming home after a long work day and being greeted by pets who are happy to see you. Well, at least mine pretend to be. Maybe they're good actors...
Forget about being born a poor black child - I faced much worse. I was born at a very young age!
Paying the bills and providing the basics for my pets and myself. And managing to save a few pennies here and there to indulge in somewhat frequent travel both within and outside the country.
- "The Paradox of Choice" (YouTube or TED, watch from 14:00 ish).
--- Apply above to dating. Be happy.
- Greg Palast's "The best democracy money can buy" (book).
- Baraka (Movie. Nothing to do with Barack. But do watch it.)
- Sideways (the movie). Good.
- The Birdcage (movie. RIP Robin Williams). Awesome.
- DaoFu (Join me there for dinner?)
- Mission Cafe (The best breakfast in SD, in my opinion.)
- Whether anyone on here actually responds to messages.
- What's the difference between "wilderness" and "the wild"?
- Can religion and world peace coexist?
- Why I can't find anyone here who hates to laugh.
- What SD singles would do If Potato Chip Rock crumbled. Right? !!!
- zOMG! You're an SD native! How rare! You do exist !!! (Faints a la Santa in the M&M commercial.)
- The number of aunties on this site. I typically don't need to read the caption on your photo. I know it's your niece/nephew.
- Why there are so many cats and tacos on this site.
- You want to comment on my profile.
- You hate laughing - I'd really love to meet you. I'm serious!
- You don't idealize relationships.
- You believe in "friendship last."
- Just because.
- Anything else.
And oh, yes, I am kind and have a kind heart.