Check back for updates
-Being outside (short walks to long picnics, wandering, rooftops, porches, bonfires, backyards, camping, tree climbing, & swing)
-food experimentation. generally these are surprisingly successful. (want to be a guinea pig??)
-Halloween (personally, I think we should do it at least twice a year.)
-Laughing. I like to make frazzled looking cashiers and waitstaff smile and laugh.
-Whiskey & wine (no, not at the same time)
-Planned "down time"/spontaneous gatherings
-Fixing things, DIY and creative projects (furniture assembly [I speak IKEA], re-purposing things in creative ways, general craftiness)
-Being that person that everyone can talk to
-Making lists. particularly with bullets.
-High maintenance people, fanaticism (about pretty much anything. unless it's something like cupcakes), unnecessary drama.
related: People/things that take themselves too seriously.
-Mushrooms, coconut, arugula, eggplant, tofu, and kale. Kale is a garnish. You can dress it up any way you want, but it's still gross.
-Reality tv (unless we're talking House Hunters, something of the DIY or history variety)
-really loud, crowded clubs, big crowds (unless I'm watching from a distance..)
-Ran away with the circus after college (sort of)
-Grew up on a small (but working) sheep farm... with sheepdogs... and only wood heat.
-I am "Auntie" to three human children and at least four canine children
- I can wiggle my nose
- I own WAY more books than shoes
- In my free time I do genealogical research (for myself and I've recently started building my portfolio by doing some for my friends). Research and puzzles!
-I'm also intensely curious. I'm not familiar with your favorite show? Let's start from the beginning! A news article mentions an ancient civilization I haven't heard of? Hours of internet research!
- I suppose now is probably a good time to mention that I'm a huge ancient civ/comparative religion/anthropology nerd. Discoveries and announcements like Gobleki Tepe will send me into research mode for days.
-Being a hostess
-Making something out of very little (in a creative way, not in a crazy, emotional way)
-Crisis management, problem solving, and giving good advice
-Organizing social activities (camping/hiking trips, picnics, parties. I'm your logistics girl [also see: enabling mischief])
-Weird, random, usually useless, typically historical information
.... I mean, my smile. It's totally my smile....
- Oh boy... so books... (I have A LOT.) I have two types of books: 1) books that I can blow through in a few hours (pleasure reading) 2) Improving books: History/Anthro books like "Lies My Teacher Told Me" and "Seven Daughters of Eve", Literature: Shakespeare, Dandicat, Kingsolver, Austen, etc.
- Favorite movies of all time probably include: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Princess Bride, Muppets, SyFy's Alice & Tin Man. Serenity. Jane Austen books & Shakespeare's plays made into movies. Disney/Pixar, love superhero movies, the occasional chick flick, love a good spy flick/action movie, enjoy sci fi/fantasy... the recent surge of Marvel Universe movies (particularly with Joss at the wheel) has made me VERY happy!!
- Don't end up actually watching much tv except on Netflix to put me to sleep at night. When I do: Haven, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Castle, The Daily Show,
-all time faves: Firely, Alias, SG-1, LOST, Dollhouse,
-will often throw procedural dramas (law and order, Criminal Minds, etc) on in the background when I'm researching or messing around on the interwebs.
- pretty much everything's a go from classical to rock, folk to pop (within reason). Love Irish music, classical (especially on a piano), jazz (though I never really got in to it), and older music. Haven't found a lot lately that's really grabbed me.
Food: I am going to find something awesome almost anywhere I go. Seriously. It's not that I'm indecisive, I just know that I'll be happy with several different options. Always open to trying new things.
a chair on a porch
something to read
something to puzzle over
something to look forward to
my family (blood/legal family, adopted family, urban tribe, etc)
- anything that's a puzzle at that moment
- pretty much anything that catches my attention
- dinner and/or a couple drinks out
- running errands that I've been putting off all week
- on my way out of town
-active & energetic.
- love the outdoors (woods, mountains, ocean, etc)
- friendly towards strangers
- reliable, reasonable and reasonably responsible
- eager to laugh and/or are funny yourself