*I spend my time keeping myself and helping others get fabulously fit.
* World travel is one of my great joys (30 countries, ~70 passport stamps).
* I am a Francophile, have lived in France, and speak fluent French. Ooh la la. My purrfectly precious pair of "Parisian" twin kittens are named Eiffel & Elysee (for the Eiffel Tower & the Champs Elysees).
* I'm an eco-activist nature lover and have hiking boots covered in mud from 4 continents.
* I'm captivated by dance, art, music, and theater.
* World affairs matter to me and I pay attention to politics, though I'm increasingly anti-establishment and have developed a deep distrust of our corporatist government
* I have embarked on an enlightening "reJEWvenation", exploring my spirituality and Jewish identity.
* I adore my family and my friends, and am a total pet person (the furry four-legged feline & Fido forms).
* I love language and enjoy composing in a somewhat silly, Seussical way with rhyme, alliteration, & polysyllabic play.
I am an ardent advocate for the causes I care about and often volunteer for charities. Do you donate blood? Good, we can rendez-vous at the blood bank. Big points if you've ever done Team in Training. GO TEAM!
Even though I have a fine academic pedigree and was surrounded by a relative degree of affluence growing up, I have always been a down-to-earth, practical, low-maintenance girl. I admire fancy finery but do not covet it. I was raised to be financially independent, so while I am now living on a "lean" budget as I build my business, I'm no "money honey". I'm not looking for a sugar-daddy whose only generosity is monetary. I'd like to find a man who is generous in spirit and who is giving emotionally. :)
Authenticity is an absolute priority. I'm totally comfortable highlighting my strengths and acknowledging my weak points. I expect that degree of candor and openness in my mate.
My nose knows good wine. I thoroughly enjoy wine tasting and learning about the art and science of wine making.
Dog breeds--I can usually name every breed I see because I have always loved doggies and pour over dog books.
Even in my 40's, I'm super sporty. People compliment me and say my shape and physique are the envy of women half my age.
"A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving
"Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom
"Midnight in Paris"
"Breaking the Waves"
"Life is Beautiful"
"Rivers & Tides"
"Dead Poet's Society"
"The Lives of Others"
Pink Panther movies--Peter Sellers' crazy costumes & antics
Sex & The City, The Office, best of clips from SNL. More cowbell!
Cirque de Soleil, Les Miserables, RENT
Peter Gabriel, U2, Eurythmics, Crowded House, Buddha Bar world music compilations, Miles Davis, Tchaikovsky
I love all Asian food (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian) but insist on no MSG and no GMO. Mexican, Italian, French...variety is the spice of life. I eat loads of veggies seasoned with lots of spices.
Honest, open, transparent communication
Laughter...Life is better when you're laughing :)
Passionate kisses from the man I love
Sunshine on my skin
Love and affection from pets
Healthy, organic food: raw milk, kombucha, kale & quinoa
* Carrie Bradshaw once said, "Maybe it’s time to be clear about who I am. I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t live without each other love". I resemble that remark.
*High energy, high intensity interval training to fight flab, blast fat, and get people into fabulous shape. Why, when people know the health risks, do they still lead such sedentary lives and eat processed crap? And smoking? Why suck on a cancer stick??! Nourish to flourish and exercise to energize!
* Caring for animals and wildlife conservation efforts. The following quote by Gandhi sums up my sentiment: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated. I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man." Lions, tigers, rhinos, elephants...poaching is pushing their populations perilously close to extinction. NOT on my watch!
*The marvels of nature: exquisite intricacy of flowers, the striations in rocks on a hillside, pounding waves, the enormity of redwoods, full moons...I have a childlike fascination with the natural world.
*Hot springs, hot tubs, taking the waters...
*Getting & giving massages...mmm. Touch is terrific!
* My sense of smell. I love perfume--it's one of my most "girly" aspects. I feel prettiest when I smell pretty. Do your pheromones excite mine? The right cologne on my man drives me wild. I'll nuzzle your neck and sip the sensuality of your skin.
*Why some people are so hung up on fame, fortune, and celebrities? The gross popularity of People Magazine (and similar voyeuristic publications) must certainly be an indicator of the downfall of our society...Whitney Houston's death is a cause celebre, but the death of 1000's of American soldiers gets minimal press coverage? Not in the world I want to see. I am Pro-peace. Bring our troops home.
* Another Gandhi quote is a mantra of mine, or a manifesto: "Be the change you want to see in the world". Amen, hallelujah, right on, shalom, salaam, namaste.
I always thought I really wanted to be a Mommy. Lately I've loosened my grip on that notion of my future. I feel contented with a "come what may..." conception concerning kids.
I'm quite open and candid. There aren't many private subjects I shy away from discussing. Only ask me a question you really want an honest answer to because I'll give it to you straight.
If you are passionate & compassionate, if you have high IQ & EQ, if you are communicative, inquisitive, expressive and emotive, your emotional spectrum is broad enough to really feel expansive JOY from the ups and you're brave enough to deal with depressing downs.
If the following song lyrics crystallize a description of the type of loving partner you seek:
You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here
If you love to laugh, learn, and listen.
If you prefer comedies to gory, violent shoot 'em up/blow 'em up films, documentaries to reality TV.
If you are 5'11 or taller (I'm 5'8" and wear heels, so I fit with a tall man). Speaking of fit, I'll take the risk of sounding superficial... I am attracted to athletic, muscular body types. If you describe yourself as "average" or "a little extra" our chemistry is unlikely to sizzle...
If you are supportive of and would share in my Judaism. Yes, I would prefer to find a Jewish man, but I do believe in interfaith marriage as long as there is not a "competing" religion in the household. I would like my husband to accompany me to a variety of Jewish community events, cultural and/or religious.
If you're really ready for Mrs. Right with whom to share your life and you are open to raising a family together.