Looking for someone to with whom to bike, discuss interesting ideas, and otherwise plot nefarious plans. I have a mischievous sense of humor; I've been known to anagram signs, to leave silly stickers in restaurants’ menus, and to get library books signed (to the library itself) by the authors before returning them. And I believe in regularly doing things that terrify me—I’ve done the annual World Naked Bike Ride four times now.
Outside of work, I volunteer at the Humane Society. It's important to me to try to treat others well, and that includes animals.
Something I’m really bad at: faces. I am genuinely, honestly, face-blind. It’s genetic—my dad’s the same way. I can recognize people I know well, but finding someone I’ve only seen in a photo in a crowded bar is almost impossible for me. (It also means that if I’ve looked at your profile multiple times, it’s probably because I didn’t recognize your picture and needed some context to remember you.)
• Books: A Song of Ice and Fire, Startide Rising, The Anubis Gates, A Night in the Lonesome October, The Kingkiller Chronicle, Brightsided
• Movies: The Big Lebowski, The Secret of NIMH, Serenity, The Muppet Movie
• Shows: 30 Rock, Doctor Who, The Muppet Show, Game of Thrones, and almost anything by Joss Whedon.
• Music: REM, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Tori Amos, Yehuda Poliker
• Foods: sushi & red wine!
• Ways to teach computers well.
• Ways to add a little more strangeness to the world.
I’m extremely intelligent and literate. I’m tall, and many women think I’m cute. I value kindness, and I know how to treat people (and animals) well. I make enough money to live in comfort, yet my job still lets me live on my own schedule. And I if I wrote you, it means that I really saw a possible connection, and I took some time to fashion a personal message. It’d make my day to get a response.