To me, this site is a way of meeting people to have a drink/s with, to see if we both feel there is chemistry. Most of all, I'm looking for someone with whom I can really laugh. That's a hard one to know by messaging back and forth on an app, so my preference is to meet up in person if we feel there is potential. To be clear: I'm neither looking for a quick hookup nor an instant wife.
Upcoming stuff I'll be doing, and would make good 2nd through like 15th dates. I'll update this list as time goes on / seasons change:
- walking my folks' dog Sidney around Brooklyn Heights
- panel discussion on FB's effect on the media industry
- heading over to Rockwood Music Hall and watching what's on
- dancing in some LES basement, or going to Output in WBurg
- climbing at Brooklyn Boulders or sometime after work
- swimming some laps up at Riverbank State Park on 125th
- tackling an escape room together (sort of like research for me)
- snow shoeing up near New Paltz; this is rad after a snowfall
- weekend ski trip up to Mount Snow, VT
- kite surf / beach trip to Cabarete, DR
- getting a team together for an upcoming Tough Mudder event
Work aside, I love to surf, sail, kitesurf, swim in the ocean (see a pattern emerging here?), hang out with my brothers and cousin.
I'm also always doing a bunch of creative side-projects--like writing tv commercials, and am a big reader of biographies and business books.
And since mannerisms & voice are important, here's me 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lADHmuhEJM
Political biographies, business books, pop science books, long-form journalism.
Movies: Spy thrillers that you need to figure out along the way, or comedies where you can check your brain at the door.
Shows: Westworld, Billions, Homeland, House of Cards, Vikings, 24, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family, Parks and Rec.
Music: After a trip to Burning Man last year, I'm trending more EDM and dance-y. Check out Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont.
Food: When eating out I tend to go for Thai, Indian, or Mexican. As for my own cooking, it's generally pretty healthy.
Travel (adding this one): I've been to all the countries whose UN voting records accord with my values. Just kidding, I've been on a lot of surf trips though, often multiple times of the following: Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Australia, Indonesia, South Africa, Morocco, Peru, etc. I'm looking for a travel partner.
I'll leave the rest to tell you in person.
About my goals, and how to get where I want to go.
About automated vehicles and the future of transportation.
About Artificial Intelligence and whether it will let us survive.
About the correlation between success in life and replacing the ice tray immediately when it is empty.
Why was the mortgage depressed?
He was a loan.
Yup. Never said I was perfect.