High school mentor/college adviser
Colorado Born, Texas raised, now living in Chicago until I get my license.
There's a lot about me to know, ask anything you'd like! I'm an open book.
I'm also trying to learn to balance work and social life, as all I want to do after work is sleep! But I have the weekends off, so there's that!
I'm also pretty good at being shy firsthand, but after you raise a topic that's important to me, I can show you exactly what I'm about.
The Harry Potter series, A Brave New World, Room, anything by Stephen King or Sarah Dessen, and Les Miserables.
As far as movies go, The Shining and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World are two of my absolutely favorites. I also like movies like Memento and Donnie Darko. I love musicals like Moulin Rouge, Sweeney Todd, and Bye Bye Birdie. Any and all marvel movies.
I don't have much but a Netflix account, so my top shows include Bob's Burgers, Archer, Doctor Who, Jessica Jones, Parks & Rec, and The Office. And of course things like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, and other quality shows.
I love all kinds of music, but lately I've been into Twenty One Pilots, The Arctic Monkeys, and Fall Out Boy right now. I like a wide range of music from heavy metal and hard rock to classical violin and piano. I'm not much of a country or hardcore rap fan, to be honest.
Let's get one thing straight; I love food. I love trying new food and cool restaurants/spaces here in Chicago. Let me know if you have any recommendations!
2. My family. I have a pretty big one and I love every single one of them. Family is super important to me.
3. Books. I love reading and as long as I have a good book in hand, I'm good.
4. Friends. I'm very loyal to the friends I have and they mean the world to me. Old friends and new friends alike.
5. Feminism. Being a working cisgender minority woman of color, I need feminism and intersectionality. I live by these ideas and I live to smash the patriarchy and misogyny.
6. Creativity. Crocheting, writing, and sometimes drawing really get me by, and I don't know if I could go without doodling or crocheting a scarf every now and again!
Also how I can change these big issues going on in the world, standing for what I believe in as a feminist and an agent of social change, and how we as a people can stand up for equality. Systemic issues aren't going to change themselves!
Also! My name is not baby, or sweetie, or gorgeous or beautiful, sexy, honey, or anything in between. I don't want to be your third, I don't want to watch, I am not a way to "spice up your relationship" or have an affair.