(Looking to expand my QPOC social circle.)
My resting bitch face is somehow viewed as pleasant by many. (I don't get it.. But a gift is a gift
I can't make a list that didn't just go on forever. I can easily get lost in the writings of Butler, Díaz, Baldwin, Achebe, McEwan, Neruda, Lamb, Due, Gaiman, Cline... In trade: Y the Last Man, Fables, Planetary, Preacher and Saga should make your list.
Sherlock Holmes & The Nacman Stories are my comfort food.
heavy rotation Music: lianne la havas, tom waits, son little, Simone, fink, leon bridges, the hics, noisettes, SZA, the xx, the who, the kills, Otis, ghostpoet, Alabama Shakes, shalamar, hiatus kaiyote, bobby blue bland, Alice Smith, james blake, the internet, Etta James, Nas, Mos, Koop, TV on the radio, the black keys, band of skulls, toro y moi, band of horses, phosphorescent, alina baraz, robert glasper, kendrick, frank ocean, fleetwood mac, L.T.D... And on and on and on
The Usual Suspects
Infernal Affairs trilogy
Leon The Professional
Melvin Goes to Dinner
The Last Dragon
Beasts of the Southern Wild
A Little Princess (1995 Cuaron's amazing)
Shaun of the Dead
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Ichi The Killer (don't judge me.)
Benny and Joon (Yes I wrote it!lol)
TV: Game of Thrones, House Of Cards, Sherlock, Mr. Robot, Charlie Rose, Cosmos, Modern Marvels, Archer, Ink Masters
Food: I live for good spicy miso ramen noodles & a ice cold Chimay blue, tacos, pineapple & vegan cup cakes
- Community building.
- Walking the Camino de Santiago
- Intentional communities
- Permaculture & sustainable design
- The universal question that has baffled Angelenos for generations.... How many street tacos is too many in one sitting?
- My art
- The perfect cocktail
- Time travel to 1920s Harlem and why I've romanticized that notion so.
- Is the quest for the perfect vegan taco a form of self sabotage?
• there was a time in my early 20s that I was convinced with great certainty that Paul Mooney was my biological father.
• my mind chatter is backed by a 12-piece ensemble.
• I get absolutely giddy/geeked around beautiful architecture, well curated thoughtful libraries & galleries.
• indecisiveness makes my member flaccid.
• slight sci-fi nerd... My inner fanboi has no problem admitting a Joss Whedon or Guillermo Del Toro meet & greet would most certainly elicit an internal girlish squeal.
• INFJ (lol..So)
• It wouldn't dawn on you to not smile when you catch someone's eye.
• You vibe well with passionate folks.
• You laugh hard and often.
• You like a good adrenaline rush.
• You've taken the time to get to know & like (you)
• Your personal insecurities don't stop you from having a good time.
• You really get dry humor.
• Mental health is important to you.
• Practicing habits that support mental health is important to you.
• You live in a space of gratitude even when you want to pop off & have no remaining fucks to give.
• Self care is important to you.
• You know when it's time to call yourself an Uber.
• You are in need of a travel buddy.
• Your varied musical tastes don't always appeal to your road dog and you don't want to roll out to another concert stag.
• You're keenly aware that negative mind chatter is your stuff and need not be shared.
• Positive people don't instantly annoy you.
• Your vices don't make you a total dick.
• You don't mind being the first one on the dance floor.
• Lack of rhythm doesn't stop you from showing the fuck out when your song comes on.
• You're not opposed to spontaneity.
• Bookish delights aren't a total bore.
• You can at least tolerate MST3K😳
• You appreciate good communications skills and direct eye contact.
• You know the difference between shyness & introversion.
• You don't view being socially awkward as quirky & cute.
• You respect relationships & boundaries and appreciate the same.
• You have the capacity to enjoy deep interpersonal connection outside of the sexual.
• Bullet points aren't a turn off. lol
• You're comfortable and confident enough to show up and leave your representative at home.
• You respect the art of conversation, choosing meaningful worthwhile dialogue over a pissing contest. (You totally get that regurgitated theory & commonly used talking points does not make for stimulating discourse.)
• Your curiosities shape the way you move through the world.
• Fundamentally, you know you're alright already.