Well, let's see here. My DNA seems to be one-half "angel" and one-half "devil." I'm a Midwestern boy turned Big Apple lawyer. I apparently look innocent and young, but have been known to cause trouble and easily get impatient. I've done pretty well professionally, but can quickly revert to a five-year-old (just ask my niece and nephew). And while I'm not big on the zodiac, my scorpio sign definitely seems to fit. Oh, and this is the first time I've filled out a dating profile, so please cut me some slack ;)
I've been living in Hell's Kitchen for only a short time, since March of 2012 (yes, a stereotype, I suppose; another gay in HK). But before my move to my new place, I spent the decade on the Upper West Side, in the West 70s. I decided to move to HK when I got too tired of all the strollers on the UWS (kidding, sorta). I love the mixture of the people, restaurants, and shops in HK and it has been a rush exploring my new hood.
As for fun, I'm definitely *not* burnt out on New York. I love all the different kinds of food here, and so eating out at a restaurant is always fun for me, but so is ordering in. When it comes down to it, I'd say going out to eat is my favorite pastime here. The Midwesterner and child in me still loves all the touristy things in the city too; I've done the Circle Line boat rides more than once, or twice, or thrice.... Movies, Broadway, bars, wine bars, the occasional dance club, and things that shouldn't be mentioned on public profiles all make for fun times too ;)
So, what am I looking for? Well, since this is a dating site, a boyfriend ultimately is the goal. But friends, dates, etc. in the meantime would be good too. I have some nice groups of friends here in the city, and a bunch more spread across the country, but there's always room for more. In the boyfriend department, I've pretty much had three serious relationships in the past. The first was a long time ago, and he was my first love and there will always be a connection there. The second was special in very different ways, opened me up to new things, and remains a dear friend. The third is best described as a roller-coaster: some very high highs, along with some big lows, lots of bumps in between, and a desire to ride more than once. I'm bad with cliches, but all three relationships have helped shape who I am now, even though I know I'll keep changing....
And although it might not be one of the first things people notice about me, eventually the parts of me that make me a scorpio seem to come out. Sweet and playful sometimes, intense and devilish other times. A colleague once said I'm the type that smiles while twisting the knife into opposing counsel; I'm not sure if that was a compliment. I also seem to say "awesome" at work a lot.
- My parents, my twin brother, my older brother, and my niece and nephew. They keep me grounded, give me advice I can't get anywhere else, are my best friends, and drive me nuts at times.
- Deep personal connections. Friends are great, but it's the deep personal connections with only some friends that constantly light my fire.
- My phone. It keeps me connected to some of the best people in my life who don't live in New York.
- My television and computer. I'm combining these because they serve the same purpose. I have them on when I'm home for distractions and entertainment, and to catch the news.
- Caffeine. I've tried to give it up in the past, but I always fail. Coffee is such a core part of life (at least mine - I drink it while walking to work and love hanging at coffee shops), and sometimes I just crave an icy cold Coke.
- Sex. Might as well be honest ;)
The special someone who I'll eventually spend the rest of my life with. Someone who will make my heart go pitter-patter and make other parts of me twitch ;) Someone who will have those same feelings for me....
I've made it to the Black Party the last two years and had an absolute blast both times. I had always wanted to go since I moved here ;)
I can be shy in social group settings, at least at first. Not quite sure why that is, but it's the reality.