So there you have it, I am from the future, about 90 minutes in the future to be exact. Since I know you're wondering, surprisingly, the it's not all that different from right now. Except for the flying cars -- man did they catch on fast or what?
And living - been doing it my whole life.
I'm much better at some things when no one is around. Like singing and dancing. I rock when no one is near by to vouch for it. One of these days I'll seem competent in front of other people too.
Getting people to believe things they shouldn't. One of my favorites:
- Ben and Jerry's soon to be released flavor is Valium and Jack Daniels
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Super Troopers, Shakespeare in Love, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Her, Once - good luck finding any pattern other than awesome and/or cheesy
TV: The Simpsons (vintage episodes thru season 16-17 or so), Firefly, GoT, Modern Family, and some guilty pleasures I won't admit til I die... or have a drink
Two Man Gentleman Band, Silversun Pickups, Joanna Newsom, Miike Snow
Anything fresh and full of flavor. I love knowing that something went from the garden to my belly within hours.
2) Food, wine, cocktails, and beer. Not in the "I'd be dead without it" way, but the "wow, that dinner cost $100 but I would gladly have paid double" way. Same with wine and beer, not 2 Buck Chuck and Bud.
3) Outdoors. It's a nice change from inside. Plus it has things that can't be inside - like big trees and mountains and tents. And the ocean... the landlord doesn't like it when the ocean comes inside.
4) Books. Three cheers for the genius that creates them! This is something we should all be grateful for.
5) Other people. Friends, family, and the people you pass in the street just long enough to hear a weird excerpt of their conversation keep life interesting.
6) Peace and quiet. Every now and then I just need sometime to myself.
7) Adhering strictly to rules.
Are we alone?
Is the Mayan doomsday prophecy accurate?
If a tree falls in the forest and crushes a mime, does anyone care?
What role does humanity play in the grand scheme of things?
Why on earth would someone give Glen Beck his own show? Follow up - why isn't Glen Beck in stocks publicly where people can literally kick his ass?
How is it that my dog can be the smartest and dumbest living animal at the same time?
If the sun will come out tomorrow, but when tomorrow gets here it becomes today, does the sun ever really come out?
Why is feminism acceptable but male chauvinism isn't?
Can the American Pie series officially be catagorized as porn now?
I would be glad to discuss or debate any of these topics. Also I'm willing to answer any questions you may have on the male psyche.*
*Be careful what you ask for.
"Happy Breakfast!" -Jimmy Dean
One of my life goals is to shout "I am Sparta" and kick someone into a bottomless pit... in a relevant situation.
That's not actually my income level. It's either the one above, or the one below. Think of it like that price is right game.
I've spent my life to this point actively avoiding anything long-term relationship wise, but I'm finally ready to find something serious.