The paraphrase represents my identity as an artist, a designer, and an engineer, whichs translates into an imaginative, intransigent, and introspective individual. For what it's worth, that aligns perfectly with 'INTP'. Who I am is greatly defined by what I do: I am a designer/innovator. My personality and passion are inextricably connected to my profession. There is no on-off switch.
I have faults, and as you will read I am pretty ambitious toward my passions, but ultimately it's part of how I enjoy life and I do not take myself seriously at all. I'm trying to get lost with someone other than the personification of my work, ha. So my ideal partner is someone equally passionate about their profession or a hobby, so that we could continually push each other.
I was born and raised in south jersey where "only the strong survive, then eventually leave", ha.
Music is a huge part of me: I enjoy the expression as well as the melody.
I co-teach two courses in structures for architecture grads and undergrads at CAL.
I am more into the software development side of architecture and engineering, but I also work with a small firm that designs, engineers, and builds traditional architecture for residential and commercial applications.
So my education, profession, interest, and life is in compsci, architecture, and structural engineering. Building and tech: the crossroad where bad meets evil.
.....public speaking: I talk to myself aloud on the BART.
.....making myself laugh
.....people watching: I may write a book on it - effective, yet subtle techniques. Similar to bird watching, I suppose. Although part of me is against writing it for fear the art may be harnessed for nefarious motives - stalking ha.
.....working with no sleep.
I am looking for highly cerebral books on the human psyche and interaction coupled with a philosophical undertone. Now, this hybrid genre may not exist, ha, but I'm in pursuit. I need to venture out and diversify from my inundation of design and engineering literature. If you know of any, please share.
Movies: Too many to name...Anything Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Documentary, Animation, Mind-bending, Cerebral, Dark (Clearly, I am into Netflix) and/or combo of all the aforementioned. But if you must know a few: Drive| The Machinist| The Fountain| Old boy| I Saw the Devil| Bronson| Zenith| Coherence | The signal.
Musicians: Fools Gold; LCD sound system| The Clash| Depeche Mode| Phil Collins| Foreigner| George Michael| Aruna| Marc Etson| Passive progressive| Delphic| Black keys| MGMT| Temper Trap| STP| Alice n Chains| Armin Van Buuren| Nic Chagall|Arcade Fire| PJ Harvey| Beirut| Cave singers| Tears for fears| Pet shop boys| Santigold| Deadmau5| Mike Snow| Radiohead| William Fitzsimmons| 16 Bit Lolitas| Yeasayers| Matisyahu (possibly misspelled)| Cosmic Gate| Matt Zo| Ferry Corsten| The Xx| Massive Attack| Muse| The Knife| Interpol| Graffiti6| Placebo| My Morning Jacket| Canibus| Above&Beyond| Empire of the sun| Washed out| College| NASA| NERO| M83| Chromatic| Junkie XL| Tanlines| Geographer| Twin Shadow| Florence + the Machine| Empire of the Sun| Enya| Classical| Claire| Brood| ODESZA| and many more....to be cont'd
Shows: TEDtalks| Parks & Recreation| Curb your enthusiasm| Fringe| BSG| Dexter| X Files| Supernatural| Revolution | Reality: people watching...
The obvious: water, sunlight, and food
- the real meaning of life; philosophy
- music and working on my guitar proficiency, and when I'll have time ha
-my constant search for books/articles that enhance one's quality of being, intelligence, passion, etc
- society: its at the precipice of a dramatic change due to tech, and how this affects my personal endeavors...
- impetuous, swarming behavior of a mass group of people and/or society . How some individuals when placed in a group mentality are invisibly, and inextricably, tethered to the reactions/influence of their peers to go against their ideology as an individual. It's fascinating from the perspective of someone who does not have such a bond for acceptance. Examples of such behavior are trump followed in some cases, nazism, bullying, and the Stanford experiment of 1970s
- my existence in the design industry: to differentiate, optimize, and develop a niche, yet continually adapt, evolve, and maintain general awareness to avoid being lost in specialization.
- a small portion of my mind focuses on the inevitable...
I was obsessed with the Men In Black....