Things I like:
- Good beer (Favorites at the moment: Five Barrel Pale Ale, Isolation Ale, Easy Street Wheat, Firemans 4)
- Texas Hold 'Em Poker
- Having somewhat serious conversations about politics, religion, or life goals while mixing in "That's what she said" jokes.
- Trying to stay in shape (and sometimes succeeding)
- Drum corps/marching band (teaching it, now that I can't perform anymore)
- Pronouncing 'gif' properly (It's a hard G, I don't care what the inventor says)
- Podcasts (Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!, and Freakonomics)
- Reading (typical English teacher answer). Recently read: The Moral Landscape, The Political Dynamics of American Education, Speaker for the Dead.
- Computer/video games (typical guy answer)
- Making lists of things I like
I spend a lot of time playing trombone, going to Geeks Who Drink, and seeing what other fun things Austin has to offer.
I also like to think I'm good at playing the trombone and baritone and singing. But I'm shy, so it rarely happens in public.
And of course, I think I'm a damn good teacher.
Movies: (Drama) The Green Mile, (Comedy) Super Troopers, (Romance) Love Actually, and coming up on that list are Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Boondock Saints
Shows: Firefly, Big Bang Theory, M*A*S*H, Scrubs, Arrested Development, How I Met Your Mother,
Music: Anything, but especially classical, acoustic, and stuff with a good beat. Recent purchases on my iTunes: Fun., Of Monsters and Men, Taylor Swift (We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is just TOO. DAMN. CATCHY.), Dirt Poor Robins, The Hush Sound
Food: Steak, potatoes, good sandwiches
Warmth (I lived in Colorado and hate cold weather. And snow. A small part of the reason I moved here)