I'm a geek. I enjoy playing games of all varieties, from computer & console games, to (European) board games, to pen & paper RPGs (many systems).
When not gaming, I'm either just enjoying some quality time with friends, either hanging around the house talking, or on a nice walk/hike on the many trails on the eastside.
I find it quite fun to debate/discuss things. When a topic matters to me, you could get me into a several hour discussion on it, which can be quite fun. I may be quiet and shy at first, but once I open up, all bets are off :)
I love to make people laugh. There is something about the emotion of laughter that makes all people more comfortable in their surroundings, so I seek to bring that comfort out in people. (not to mention laughing is fun!)
I'm a skeptic, and an Atheist. I don't like to subscribe to methods of thought that require me to accept something with little evidence. I am bothered by those that would push an agenda based on little to no evidence, and they shun meaningful debate about the topic.
I have an uncanny sense of direction when it comes to navigating streets. I need only look at a map once, and not only can I direct people to the location, but I can do repeated trips there, and can do course corrections on the fly. I'm a walking GPS. My friends joke that the'll take me, blindfold me, and leave me in some remote region and see how long (if at all) it takes for me to find my way home.
Some movies I enjoy repeatedly are Clue, Sin City, Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I also liked Inception, Watchmen, and Sherlock Holmes. I'm a big fan of Quentin Tarantino movies.
In regards to foods, I pride myself in my goal of trying to get myself to like every food I can. I really like Thai food (though not too spicy), Seafood, and various craft beers.
2. Family. I love my family, even though they all live in Michigan. I'd love to find a way to be able to visit them often, but until we have teleporters, I'll have to rely on the archaic system of flying to visit them.
3. A connection to the Internet. Unless I specifically chose to, I find it very uncomfortable to be disconnected long periods of time.
4. Having a car. I can't explore new places anywhere as easily without my own transportation.
5. Society. Even with friends, I don't think I'd survive well if me and my friends were cut off from civilization (unless it's the zombie apocalypse).
6. Places to explore. I really enjoy visiting new places, even if it just a section of town I've neglected to visit. There's not much like the thrill of going somewhere I've never been before, or getting lost in an unfamiliar city.
If you are looking for a geek, who likes to talk a lot, but is an overall nice guy, send me a message.