Hello. My name is Belladonna.
Some fun facts about me:
- I dance around in the kitchen while making/waiting for food
- I watched Fellowship of the Ring 17 times in theaters
- Spiders are welcome in my house so long as they're out of the way
- I wanted to be the Pink Power Ranger when I grew up
- I rolled around in the mud in high school during PE, *for* PE
- Scored INFP on the Myers-Briggs test, if you're into that
- I have two pet rats named Nori and Ori. They are awesome.
- and finally, and perhaps most importantly to some of you: I am allergic to alcohol. Not literally, but I do have a histamine intolerance, and alcohol makes your body release histamines, so it's a very bad mix. Seriously, one sip and 20 minutes later I'm in the ER in excruciating pain. I've been to doctors, tried building up my tolerance, everything. It just doesn't mix well with my system, so please don't pester me to experiment. If you can't hang out with someone who can't drink, move along to the next profile please. However, if you want to be forever guaranteed a designated driver, I'm your girl!
3 things that never fail to make me a giggling idiot:
1) water in just about any form: rain, fog, pool, sprinklers, washing dishes, not to mention... bath time! *sqeaks rubber ducky*
2) cantering on a horse
3) making out
I am romantic, quirky, and blonde
I would really like to do research and write papers about neuroscience and how it's affected by music, but I have a tendency to go hedonist and concentrate on just music, so it probably won't happen, although the nerd factor is totally there ^.^
- Singing. I have been singing and playing around with my voice ever since I can remember. I was one of the key proponents in getting my group remembered as 'the singing group' on our trip to the Galapagos to save the sea turtles. When simultaneously listening to a recording, I can sound exactly like Amy Lee from Evanescence.
- Housework. While I may not be more talented than anyone else in this area, I actually enjoy it and automatically start to tidy up when I get bored, even at a friend's house. This could be the submissive factor...
- Giving massages. I regularly give massages to my guildies at faire and it's kind of turned into a thing where if you're close enough to me I just automatically start rubbing your shoulders. I tend to be a rather physical person, so I'm often hugging or sitting or laying next to or on you if we're in a relationship. In fact I'm really good at most physical things in a relationship, or so I've been told. All of my exes would give excellent references.
- Making people happy. I take my job as a friend very seriously and will do pretty much anything to make them laugh, even if I have to run after some notoriously cute guy driving off in his truck while stuffing my face with the remains of a chocolate doughnut (I caught up with him, by the way *is very proud of my athletic feat*)
The brand on the back of my shoulder, and consequently the one on my side. People ask if it's "a real brand, like, with red hot metal pressed into the skin?"
Yes, they're real. Yes, it hurt (a lot!). Get over it ^.^
After much soul searching I've realized that one of the main reasons I love these movies is because of thier scores. Therefore, I absolutley adore the likes of Hans Zimmer and Alan Silvestri, to the point of I need a change of under clothes after I hear certain action cues.
This is by no means a complete list!
Books: anything with Drizzt DoUrden by R.A. Salvatore, the Shannara series by Terry Brooks, Jane Eyre, The Hobbit (I know its coverd by lord of the rings, but I just *had* to sneak it in!), Shakespeare plays, Frankenstein, the Vampire Chronicles, the Three Musketeers, Crown Duel and its sequel Court Duel, the abridged Princess Bride (SPOILER Westly slams the door in Buttercup's face after she admits she loves him = hilarious!), the Neverending Story, anything written by Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman.
Movies: V for Vendetta, Willow, the Last Unicorn, the Princess Bride, Zorro (especially the version with Basil Rathbone!), Underworld, Van Helsing, Romeo and Juliet (1968), Muppet Treasure Island *bonus because it was scored by Hans Zimmer!*, Cutthroat Island, Dragonheart, North and South (with Richard Armitage) Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, Queen of the Damned, Pride and Prejudice, Stardust (filmed almost exclusively on the Isle of Skye!), the League of Distinguished Gentlemen, hmmm... a lot of the books I like have been made into pretty good sceen adaptations as well, so chances are they can be repeated as favorites in this category
Shows: Generally don't watch T.V., but I do watch a lot of BBC on netflix; seasons 1-4 Doctor Who ftw! In addition I will have to add the likes of 30 Rock, Better Off Ted, Supernatural, Firefly, IT Crowd, and Merlin.
Music: Broadway and foreign language musicals, Nightwish, Cascada, Nickleback, Skillet, Within Temptation, Bon Jovi, Micheal Jackson, the Corrs, Evanescence, Bryan Adams
Food: Thai, Italian, Chinese, and Mexican
2) my friends
3) my car
4) casa de fruta renaissance faire
My next crazy stunt. I love to dress up in costumes and make huge scenes with a buddy in public places. Mostly I can satisfy this drive with regular busking.
All the stories in my head
How I can fit an extra nap into the day... a well rested Belladonna is a happy Belladonna
My mentality vs. the worlds. Apparently I have very old fashioned thinking in certain areas, namely relationships. I have had so many misunderstandings with potential dates over this. I tend to subscribe to the older view of getting to know a person and be friends with them *before* the courtship phase begins. By way of giving an idea about how slow I like to go in these things, I should probably mention that I was a virgin for 24 years. Sadly, most people I've met assume from the get-go that someone is dating material and try to romance them from the very beginning. The problem with this is that it fizzles out very quickly one way or the other and they're not even acquaintances afterwards. Another thought deviation from the norm; I don't subscribe to the phenomenon of casual sex; I don't think birth control has been around long enough for people to have a proper perspective on how it's made physical relations so common (yay!) yet unmeaningful (boo!). I'm not a prude by any means; in fact I have quite a bit of kink and I love sex, but I think it needs to be special and with proper intent/trust.
Seemingly counter to what I just explained, I spend a lot of time thinking deliciously lascivious thoughts, especially when I'm stressed out. Sometimes it just helps to get your mind off of things, you know?
More often than not, I'm probably driving somewhere. I have a very wide range of places to go, so I travel all over the bay area. One evening I could be in the city, and by morning I might drive down to Santa Cruz because a friend called. Then its off to South Lake Tahoe for the renaissance faire, ending with an overnight at my parents in the east bay because I was too tired to drive all the way home. Plus, I love driving at night. Epic movie scores are so much fun zooming down the highway without the daylight to reveal youre actually in some dry depressing suburban area. You could be on a quest to who knows where to take down the big bad. Yeah, life is good on the highway after dark XD
Due to lacing up at faires, I now have a very pliable, squishy (though still toned) torso
Also, not very private but not exactly blatant either: I tend to be rather submissive... *winkwinknudgenudgesaynomore*
And finally, the true litmus test... if by some amazing circumstance you have actually managed to read thus far, it may yet all be for naught. Please don't hate me if it is, but I had to make sure you were really ready to hear this about me without running away...
I have several stories on fanfiction.net
Under this very account name. (well, Belladonna Wynter; with a space)And before you judge me, remember that I will probably judge you too. In fact I'll do it right now
/points an accusing finger at you right through your computer/phone/tablet screen
... and/or at some point while reading my profile you wanted to laugh or actually lol-ed outright.