I am above all looking to meet intelligent people who are able to understand different points of view. I value a good sense of humor, attention to detail: you should take some things seriously enough to seek to do the best in that area, whatever that may be. I also care about the physical and by this I don't mean to come off as superficial. I enjoy many outdoor activities and I find that being in good shape reflects a certain self-discipline in the same way that cleanliness does. I've found that in my successful relationships there was a healthy mixture of both physical and mental attraction.
I also profoundly understand that one must always be willing to accept compromises concerning people you care about. I will be flexible with those who aren't too rigid. Life is not in black and white, it's what makes things interesting. I would describe myself as having a wry sense of humor and I am social: I need a certain amount of person to person interaction. I also aspire to finer things in life: a nice wine, a well-prepared meal, an intelligent comedy, the symphony orchestra etc. I also enjoy a good football game (a big Badger fan).
In my free time, I enjoy activities such as:
- Piano (learning to play for a bit more than a year now)
... and much more.
If you would like to know more about me, please send me a message. I am looking for a particular kind of person and I know what I want. If, perchance, I do not replay to your messages, I don't mean that as an insult. I just don't want to waste your time.
Star gazing (yeah!)
Taking care of my hair, hi hi ;).
- Coen brothers, Wes Anderson or Stanely Kubrick
- Breaking bad (duh), the Wire, Game of Thrones
- Kaamelott: amazing story line and also of talking about our day and age but set in the middle ages. One of my favourite passages (for those who understand french):
Le Roi Arthur: J'aimerais lui donner des fleurs. Voyez, pour lui exprimer mon transport.
Guethnoc (un paysan): Pour le transport, il vaut mieux une brouette!
I mean c'mon! How brilliant is that?
- Frasier: one of the best written comedies. When I don't get a reply from you ladies, I think of the following exchange:
Frasier: So, what did she say?
Niles: Her lips said "no", but her eyes said, "read my lips!".
Brilliant wouldn't you agree? Hopefully you women save me from that though :).
- Music: I like classical music (Schubert in particular), Muse, Radiohead, Jazz (especially like the old Swing era Jazz), Les Ogres de Barback, Old school R&B
- Well prepared vegetarian food (doesn't matter where it is from)
Cheese (especially a good Gruyère or Roquefort)
Quotes of Groucho Marx
- Amazing breakthroughs that change society and make me money of course
- Philosophy: Existentialism, Epistemology
These days, I've also been known to go star gazing sometimes. Jupiter is so beautiful to observe!
- You want to travel the world
- You want to get into an argument for the fun of it
- You'd like to try speaking in different languages in the same sentence (yeah, I've got mad skill)
- You just want to chat