Felt ambitious and wrote my first online test. It's only 20 questions and will be fast so give it a try, give it a good rating and tell some others. http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/know-thy-self-in-20-questions-test --- Think this might have been hijacked.
Family oriented Father (Son in 5th and Daughter in 3rd) offers more love not baggage. Seeks understanding, caring female willing to take things slowly and deal with my limited free time for dating. Finds someone on my intellectual level as well as good with children very attractive. Enjoys simple walks in the park, along the lake and picnics. Home theatre movies, sports (golf, tennis, biking) and museums/zoo. I'm not a hater... like going to both White Sox and Cubs games. Appreciates good healthy cooking and enjoys dining out. Talks about self in third person on dating/friendship site.
Oh, you're still reading this with intense interest? Great, I'm open to starting some friendships with positive people that want to grow together or just have a good time. Can we bring smiles to each others faces? Will we make each other belly laugh, have a great conversation about our philosophy of the World or simply share a mutual attraction and affection? I'm the Diamond in the Rough so don't pass it up.
Drop me a note, I'd love to chat and if we're comfortable meet in person at a public place for lunch. I find it much easier to get to know someone when we look into each others eyes when we talk. You probably figured that out if you looked at some of my test scores. I'm kind of busy so if you need to exchange e-mails with me for a month before meeting... there should be a good reason... I don't see much of a difference from going up to a stranger in a bar other than here we know a little more about each other through the profiles and test scores and a few e-mail exchanges. And yes, I do put some stock in these test scores and match ratings. The problem is I'd want different characteristics depending on the type of relationship. ie. Short term dating I'd want someone that takes me outside of my comfort zone to help me grow and they might be a little more live for today. Long term dating I might want someone a little more live for tomorrow and compatible in other areas. The sad thing is I probably have a little more faith in the tests than my ability to write down what I want... guess that is why I have an open mind. Let's start with a wide net and end up with a great catch... meeting some great people along the way. Ideal age range mature 22 to young 46 = 34 + or - 12 years, but age is just a chronolical number. Bonus points for educators/teachers, nurses and creative people that have a zest for life. Someone that brings a balance of witty intelligence, caring/understanding and has an open heart. That's not too much to ask for is it?
I am family oriented, stable, and affectionate
If you're asking what is the first thing people notice about my physical appearance when they see me then... you see some photos so let me know. Or better yet, let me know when we meet face to face.
Some lyrics that might strike a cord with you... let me know which ones and why... Don't just "wink me" or IM me with "Hi"... how about some substance in the conversation...
HELLO, is it me your looking for... tell me how to win your heart as I haven't got a clue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIz1qFaITdY by Lionel Richie Could have gone HELLO I LOVE YOU WON'T YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME by Doors
YOU OUGHTA KNOW... an older version of me Is she preverted like me... bet she'd make an excellent Mother... it was a slap to my face how quickly I was replaced http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EPLb4KYpck by Alanis Morissette
SO WHAT... I guess I just lost my husband... And guess what I'm having more fun... I'm a Rock Star. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9MwxdtzrvA by Pink
SOAK UP THE SUN... it's not having what you want it's wanting what you've got http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBUzzBm4cg by Sheryl Crow
WAITING FOR THE WORLD TO CHANGE... it's hard to beat the system when we're standing at a distance... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPX_igdrR0I by John Mayer
HANDS... If I could tell the World just one thing it would be we're all OK... we will fight, but not out of spite. We will fight for what is right... in the end only kindness matters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5gQeA5uETU&feature=related by Jewel
YOU'RE IN MY HEART... you're in my Soul you'll be my friend should I grow old... you are my lover you're my best friend... you're in my soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT44p2noZmY&feature=related by Rod Stewart
Eric Clapton, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, The Who, Greatful Dead, Tom Petty, Heart, Pat Bentar are some of the classic artists.
For Food: I like to stay healthy. Mainly organic when eating at home, like my meat and generally stay away from spicey food.
For Movies: I tend to use my deductive reasoning and I'm generally the first to figure out the ending of the movie. To decompress a mindless comedy or action flick works as well.
I'm a little Kevin Spacey in American Beauty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9wVC6-kUA, a little Tom Cruise in Jerry McGuire, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8--FlP9fY, a little George Clooney in Oceans 11, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwp1eIMKnn4, a little Mel Gibson in Braveheart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrrBs8JBQo, a little Richard Gere in Pretty Woman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO6UP3N0_AM, a little John Cusak in Say Anything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irckWc-Pm3o, a little Chevy Chase in Caddyshack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfZ9KTXK5sY, a little Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbPUfy9dWG8, and a little Ben Kingsley in Elegy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b26W2fTrRpE
Favorite Actors not mentioned or appearing in movies above: Sean Connery, Edward Norton, James Woods, Anthony Hopkins, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson,Ashley Judd, Jody Foster... why did I go down this path... there are many greats.
For Books: I generally read are non-fiction to learn about topics where I want to delve deeper than the information I can google on the internet.
1. Not including my two children in my life is not an option - I want them to be happy and well adjusted. I've never met anyone that hasn't thought they were great.
2. I have strong roots in the Chicagoland area - my Parents, Sister and her family(2 Nieces and 1 Nephew) as well as some lifelong friends live within 30-40 minutes of me. So I'm not saying that I wouldn't relocate for the right person or career change, but either one would have to be pretty special.
3. My self respect/self worth. If you don't feel good about yourself, your actions and in general who you are as a person then you won't be happy and in fact will probably be miserable. No Regrets and always do my best while thinking of others too. Won't compromise my principals.
4. Respect/Love/Caring of others. For argument sake... let's go with Charles Dickens a Christmas Carol's Mr. Scrooge. Treat others was you'd have them treat you. Humans are a social creature.
5. My time to decompress... Monthly Texas Hold em poker games with the guys, monthly golf games, time to either watch TV/movie for TV still enjoy Seinfieldand Frasier as well as Big Bang Theory, Two and a half Men, How I met your Mother and Greys Anatomy there I said it. I also like to work out(alone or together with limited talking), do genealogy, etc... don't need a lot of it, but I need an independent Bill. If you're a Seinfeld fan and saw the independent George episode you'll know what I'm talking about.
6. How many people put Sex here? I know I could do without it, but I don't want to... especially if I find someone I'm physically, mentally and emotionally attracted to. However, it will not come at the expense of the above... especially #1. It's really intimacy and affection that I need.
If you've seen that I've viewed your page and you would like to get to know me better... don't hesitate. I'm very approachable and I probably took the safe route of not wanting to bother you as I assume you're getting too many e-mails as it is (especially if you're under 35). I'll very, very rarely initiate the e-mail contact. But let's not look back later and think I wonder what would have happened if I contacted that person with the interesting profile!!!