I came across an Amy Poehler quote once that so perfectly captures what I feel is my own essence, it seems appropriate to include it here-
"But when I stood in the dining room and demanded attention I was reminded of things I already secretly knew about myself. I wasn’t shy, I liked to be looked at, and making people laugh released a certain kind of hot lava into my body that made me feel like a queen."
Assembling IKEA furniture (one of my favorite activities actually, and equally I still get immensely joyful playing with Legos).
NOT gift wrapping.
- Country music (except Dolly, Reba and Patsy)
- BBQ chicken pizza
- The movie Solarbabies (although if I watched it a few more times it may fall into the "it's so campy I enjoy it now" category)
- friends and family to laugh/cry with
- lip balm/mascara
- clean sheets/nighttime showers
- some sort of bubbly beverage/cheese
- shoes. glorious shoes.
Also, I use to hold and rock our family cocker spaniel to sleep like a baby when I was a kid by singing her Christmas carols because I didn't know any lullabies by heart.