I'm not perfect, nor do I pretend to be, so let me tell you some of my flaws:
I can be kind of lazy. I leave my shoes out, I don't empty the trash right away, that kind of thing.
I'm pretty bad at ending conversations. It's not that I need the last word, I just worry a lot that I'm being rude. Same thing applies to parties and leaving. I'm worried about leaving early and offending people.
I'm a perpetual line pusher. Usually not to be offensive, but I do like to see where people's boundaries are. I'm pretty good at responding when people tell me to cut it out though.
I've got a personal bias towards martial arts/self defense. I think everyone should take at least one lesson in the life, and I love to share my knowledge, which ends up with me showing off sometimes.
Hopefully that doesn't scare you off, but I figured I should be up front and honest. I don't see the point in lying about it.
Now I work for a manufacturing company building houses- it's not glorious, but it pays the rent, and it's fun being a carpenter.
I have so much more fun teaching, even after doing it for over 13 years. My career goal is to own my own martial arts school.
As far as movies I am a big fan of action-comedies. Obviously I'm going to like a good martial arts fight, but I have got to have some goofyness thrown in there.
Music I'm pretty much all around into, I like metal, rock, punk, and almost anything you put on the speakers, but I do prefer older stuff to today's music. Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Guns and Roses, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Disturbed, Avenge Sevenfold, Deep Purple, and a million others. Also, of course, Weird Al has some great parodies that I love to hear.
TV, I enjoy Breaking Bad, Burn Notice, Dexter, and Sherlock. I also like to watch the ridiculous cartoons like Family Guy, American Dad, and South Park, but not as much.
1. My laptop. Sometimes, when I just need to chill out, I can open up word and just type my emotions out. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't write. If you're interested in reading any, just ask, and I'll probably show them to you.
2. My black belt, more so for what it represents than the actual physical object.
3. My guitar. No, I don't know how to play aside from a few basic notes and maybe a chord or two, but even if I'm bad at it I have a lot of fun.
4. My key to my karate school. It's a great place to go to be alone sometimes, or when I'm not able to sleep I'm able to go work out. Or if someone I know needs to talk, it's a great setting for that.
5. My cell phone, because my friends are only a few button presses away.
6. My car, because sometimes I just need to get away
How much I can't wait until summer so I can drive with the top down
I think it's funny/disturbing how many people get the question wrong about "What does wherefore" mean. If you got that question right, I already like you.
I'm kind of surprised I have to put this here, but if you're looking for a something that can turn into a committed relationship.
I'm looking for someone who will stay up all night talking about nothing. Those are my favorite conversations.
You don't mind someone who will open the door for you or kiss your hand. I'm old fashioned in that sense, and its just the way I am (I also tend to take my hat off when I'm inside).