Making myself do things I didn't believe I could do (leave Israel, adult, hook up, exercise, make macarons, go vegan, love securely). Making Cambridge a home (it took 6 years, but it's working). Making good bad decisions. Making up future scenarios that will never happen.
Work. Gym. Rinse. Fruit. TV binge. Sleep. More sleep. 5 snoozes. Repeat.
And I'm a post-doc at MIT, where I scan people's brains to learn about their minds.
Perfectly memorizing show tunes.
Being too friendly towards strangers who are later discovered to be incessantly verbose.
Making science creative, making drama methodical.
Explaining complex ideas in a simple and engaging way.
Playwrights: Pinter, Chekhov, Moliere, Shakespeare, Beckett, Aloni, Levin, Kane, Bartlett, Perec.
Musicals: Light in the Piazza, Passion, Ragtime, Fun Home, Next To Normal, Company, Into the Woods, The Last Five Years, Avenue Q, Cabaret.
TV: Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Game of Thrones, Gilmore Girls, Modern Family.
Animations on slides.
Whether I'll regret leaving my family and friends and moving across the ocean.
How to deliver information one bit at a time.
Typically, having too much fun working that I forget to stop.
* The geekish-intellectual-who-is-not-all-that-naive is your thing.
* You enjoy connecting by sharing passions and stories.
* There is a show you'd like to see together.
* Vegan restaurants are waiting for you to explore them with a friend.
* You love bottoming.
* Singing show tunes together sounds like your idea of fun.
* Deep, long, intellectual conversations are something you are good at.