I'm a sweater-wearing, hot chocolate-drinking, non-monogamous man about town. And I vote.
Things I'm terrible at: folding the fitted sheet, communicating with barbers and other people who cut hair, keeping mortifying experiences to myself, getting rid of books/records.
Lately I'm listening to a lot of podcasts, too. Mostly comedy stuff, like How Did This Get Made, Comedy Bang Bang, Never Not Funny, etc. In fact, I probably listen to too many comedy podcasts, so if this is also you we can start a support group.
I read fiction, and I especially like comics. Music criticism is great, too. I have a love/love/irritated by relationship with the 33 1/3 series.
Also, lots of movies. I'm up for most anything happening at the local art and rep theaters, or finding weird stuff on Netflix and YouTube, or your favorite movie.
I'm working on being less of a jerk about people's taste, like at the end of "High Fidelity". I bet we can get along even if you don't like The Byrds or "8 1/2". I just really really hope you don't like awful stuff. Like Sublime. Everyone, stop liking Sublime.
2. The same goes for records.
3. Access to sandwich-making materials
4. Oh, I should mention comic books, specifically
5. And I'm happy whenever a cat is around
6. Fall, which is why I moved to New England in the first place.
Bruce Wayne's love life. More comics should feature Batman trying to juggle romance and crime-fighting. I don't believe Batman is always thinking about crime, unless you consider stealing someone's heart a misdemeanor.
Infinity. Watching Cosmos caused me to spend a lot of time thinking about the cosmic calendar, and the lack of "thereness" in the universe, space-time, a bunch of stuff that I have very little grounding in.
That Scott Walker the terrible governor is ruining the reputation of Scott Walker the fantastic singer/songwriter.
Also, I have a profile on the other site. If you're into that, message me and we'll trade.
- we aren't currently feuding
- you need someone to do a Bane impression for literally any reason
- you want to go see movies and talk about them afterward
- you can teach me about space or atoms, or another language or poetry
- your idea of the best Saturday is laying around listening to records
- double bonus if one of the records you want to listen to is Isaac Hayes's "Hot Buttered Soul"
- you don't mind that I'm afraid of mountains