I was born in Peru, but I'm mostly Italian and Chinese. I've lived in Houston since I was 8, and I consider it my hometown. I love it here, and I'm glad to finally be back after 3 comparatively miserable years in Dallas.
Politically, I'm a moderate/centrist, and identify with the Libertarian party. I don't think it's all that important, but I'm usually too conservative for liberals, and too liberal for conservatives. If I was forced to jump off the fence though, I'd probably land on the conservative side.
Okay, so here some "fun" facts for those of the Deal Breaker mentality:
• I'm a lefty. It's a big deal. You righties will never understand our plight.
• I'm allergic to cats. My allergies are generally mild, but I did encounter a pair of ninja death kitties once that nearly killed me. That's probably hyperbole, but there *was* considerable swelling involved. Not pretty. That's not to say I hate cats--I just can't be around them for any long stretch of time unless they've been recently bathed.
• I hate beer. I'm told it's an acquired taste... so I guess I just never acquired it, and not from lack of trying. I don't think my quality of life has suffered because of it though. I do enjoy mixed drinks and malted liquors, but even then, I only drink a few times per year.
• I'm not a sports fan. Like at all. I mean, I'll suffer through a game if that's what my brother or dad are watching, and I feel like spending time with them, but it's generally not my idea of a good time.
• I like video games. Some friends have referred to my home as GameStop because I literally have hundreds of video games. I don't really play all that much anymore, but it's still my favorite pastime.
• I'm kind of shy. And introverted. And apparently suffer from what I suspect to be mild social anxiety. I know, I know...most girls find this sort of thing incredibly sexy, right? It's the truth though, unfortunately. It's not at all convenient for me, so if it was something I could change, I would've done it by now.
I am, of course, referring to my own satisfaction here, though I’m sure you’ll enjoy yourself too.
Favorite movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off - I can neither confirm nor deny that I watched my VHS copy enough times to wear it out.
Favorite show: The Walking Dead - What can I say? I like zombies.
Favorite song: Take on Me by A-Ha - That music video is still amazing. I mean, what kid didn't wish he could jump into the pages of a comic?
Favorite food: Sushi - I don't think this really requires explanation. It's the best.
2) Central air. No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air.
3) Sleep. At the risk of sounding lazy, I love sleeping. LOVE it. But wait! There's more! Dreaming gets thrown in at no extra charge!! Act now!
4) Imagination. You know, for those times when the power goes out.
5) Starbucks? I know, it's not pretentious, and it's got so many calories, and that damned red cup, etc., but I really need my coffee to be sweet, and Starbucks delivers.
6) My adoring fans. ... What? Hey, I could have adoring fans! I could! You don't know! You *don't* know. ... Whatever. Fine. My friends and family then. Satisfied, killjoy?
Okay, but seriously... I guess I've been thinking about what my next step will be. I want to move back to Houston, but there seem to be more opportunities here in Dallas... I've got stronger connections to Houston, but I've made a few friends I would miss if I moved back. I should have stuck to the plan of not making any friends for 3 years. Damn me for being so damned charming and adorable...
Oh, and how I need to lose all this weight I've put on since moving here.
Yes, I am deeply aware that I am playing the role of the Pot.
I really think I deserve a chip for my commitment. No offense to any actual addicts reading this. I'm not trying to make light of your very real struggle.
Are you contacting me yet? ... Well, why the hell not?
In all seriousness though, if we share any common interests, I think we'd have fun hanging out.